Spoiler Photos

smillersmiller

The first benchmark I found, I only took close-up photos of the benchmark with the idea that anything else would spoil the joy of finding the benchmark for anyone else.

Since then, I've noticed that geocaching.com encourages photos showing the area, etc., and I've seen some benchmark photos that totally give away the location of the benchmark.

I realized that when it comes down to it, any photo would be a spoiler to some degree or another . Even my close-ups tell any seekers the size, shape, and color of the mark, and the fact that the mark is in a grassy area.

Still I plan to put "SPOILER" in the description of any of my photos that show the mark and the surrounding area in the comments. (I'm expecting some back from the film processors Monday.)

Thought I'd pass these thoughts on and see if anyone else had any comments.

quote:

Still I plan to put "SPOILER" in the description of any of my photos that show the mark and the surrounding area in the comments. (I'm expecting some back from the film processors Monday.)

Well, I kinda think that it goes without saying - like you said, it is obvious that any picture included is going to give away some of the mystery of it.

But hey, if you don't mind typin' the extra letters - it ain't gonna hurt! icon_smile.gif

Rubbertoe - Webcam - Image Archives

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

quote:

Well, I kinda think that it goes without saying - like you said, it is obvious that any picture included is going to give away some of the mystery of it.

But hey, if you don't mind typin' the extra letters - it ain't gonna hurt! icon_smile.gif

Rubbertoe - Webcam - Image Archives

--== http://www.bigfoot.com/~rbatina ==--

If you want to try to find benchmarks without any photo help, just don't look at the photos! You have to click to see them. This is a different game from geocaching (notice the orange background instead of green!), and as Webling said, benchmarks are supposed to be found and reported, not hidden under a pile of rocks. Posting a photo and then labeling it a spoiler is kinda silly... ANY photo is a spoiler, unless you are reporting a destroyed benchmark.

> Martin (Magellan 330)

Don't have time to program and record your shows while geocaching? Get a TiVo!