Have you ever been thanked for placing caches somewhere?

Received an email from Germany this morning, geocachers thanking me for placing caches around La Selva Beach

Many times I'd pan the map view over the area and wonder how this little nook still hadn't one single geocache. I attended to that in February, with a sprinkling of 3 medium and 3 micro (one evil) caches to highlight some of the notable features and locations of LSB. So far they've met with positive reviews and now someone who grew up there sent a Thank You as they will be returning to the area for a visit in July. (We'll see how thankful they are when they seek the evil hide! :) )

Have you ever received Thank You notes for placing caches?

Quite a few times on my caches in the Sierras. Many are in secluded, very special spots that I frequented before I was a geocacher and a couple already had personal caches on site. :)

Edited by Snoogans

Yep, especially on my series that's out a really cool road :cry:

i can only think of one "really cool road" near here... and that's just because it has a cool nickname.

soemtime i'm going to have to talk my wife into planning a vacation around caching in the northwest... :)

You should! There are some fantastic caches out here, and it's beautiful country :P

i can only think of one "really cool road" near here... and that's just because it has a cool nickname.

soemtime i'm going to have to talk my wife into planning a vacation around caching in the northwest... :)

You should! There are some fantastic caches out here, and it's beautiful country :P

Plus there's the Original Stash. :)

Plus there's the Original Stash. :)

Of course! It's worth it just for that :D

Received an email from Germany this morning, geocachers thanking me for placing caches around La Selva Beach

Many times I'd pan the map view over the area and wonder how this little nook still hadn't one single geocache. I attended to that in February, with a sprinkling of 3 medium and 3 micro (one evil) caches to highlight some of the notable features and locations of LSB. So far they've met with positive reviews and now someone who grew up there sent a Thank You as they will be returning to the area for a visit in July. (We'll see how thankful they are when they seek the evil hide! :cry: )

Did they log your cache with "Greetings from Germany!"? :)

Many times I'd pan the map view over the area and wonder how this little nook still hadn't one single geocache. I attended to that in February, with a sprinkling of 3 medium and 3 micro (one evil) caches to highlight some of the notable features and locations of LSB. So far they've met with positive reviews and now someone who grew up there sent a Thank You as they will be returning to the area for a visit in July. (We'll see how thankful they are when they seek the evil hide! :cry: )

Did they log your cache with "Greetings from Germany!"? :)

They're to visit in July. I made a run through some of them this morning for a check-up. One was indeed missing, the other was still present and being evil.

Many times I'd pan the map view over the area and wonder how this little nook still hadn't one single geocache. I attended to that in February, with a sprinkling of 3 medium and 3 micro (one evil) caches to highlight some of the notable features and locations of LSB. So far they've met with positive reviews and now someone who grew up there sent a Thank You as they will be returning to the area for a visit in July. (We'll see how thankful they are when they seek the evil hide! :rolleyes: )

Cool. When I used to live over the hill in Los Gatos and went to the beach, more often than not, it was to Manresa.

I have but i think it was sarcastic :rolleyes:

-

"1614 Hrs. Found, log signed. There are benchmarks at either end of the bridge to the north.

What an awesome cache and an awesome view of the gravel pit! EXCELLENT! I just love looking at gravel pits. I have a windows media player slideshow set up with 322 views of gravel pits! Thanks, I took several photos to add to my slideshow. Did I mention this was awesome?"

i had a cacher who ive never met before come up to me at a meet once they realised who i was and thank me in front of my daughter and partner for all the caches i had placed out which gave me a nice warm feel knowing i had given someone else some pleasure.

I thank COs who have placed a cache in an interesting spot, be it a view, a historical monument/building, culturally significant site, geographical feature of interest, etc.

If a cache is worthy of the visit, then it's worthy of a thank-you.

FYI: I'm not a "numbers" cacher. For me it's about the experience.