I-70 through WV quickies?

Big Monkey

Next month, we're driving from Indiana to DC. We don't usually park and grab much, but this is an exception. We want to get a couple WV caches just so we can say we did but we don't want to make a major production out of it.

Can anyone suggest a good spot to jump off the interstate and quickly seek a few caches without getting our shoes dirty?

Man, I sound pathetic. It's a sickness...

You have a month, do a few 'caches along a route' queries and map them. I'm planning a trip myself and have run a bunch of queries that I keep a database in GSAK. Mapped them on Microsoft Streets and Trips and Google Earth and will pick and choose the ones that look like worthy 'traveler' caches. I understand about not getting your feet dirty, your traveling and need to be in and out and back on the road. Cachers know this and have loaded the highways for us. :rolleyes: Have a good trip.

Look for a couple caches that are on I-70 in WV. See if they're on any bookmark lists. There are a lot of bookmark lists for travelers - anything ranging from all of the interstate rest areas in a given state to "trucker-friendly" which encompasses both rest areas and caches within walking distance of off-highway truck stops.

Or, if you have a cacher elsewhere you can contact pretty much anytime, do what my parents did to me a few weeks ago - stop at a random place, call up (or text them) and say "here's my coordinates, is there anything near me?" When my father did this, he was less than 400 feet from a cache in NC. I was floored.

Edited by dakboy