If you could ask your fellow cachers to do one thing...

If you could ask your fellow cachers to to just one thing to improve the game for the rest of us, what would you ask for?

I've given it some thought, and for some reason I keep coming back to a pet peeve: I would ask my fellow cachers to not hide caches on playgrounds. Nobody wants to see some lone dude crawling around looking under the slide. It's creepy when there are kids around. It's creepier when they're not. So that's my request. ;)

What about you?

1. Mostly for newer folks, but please update Home Location in their Profile.

2. Before submitting a Listing, click on the Nearest Caches link to see if there are any nearby caches.

3. For folks in my area, if you have a suspicion that there might be a Stage/Final too close to your proposed placement, email me the coordinates before wasting your valuable time in making your one of a kind creation so that I can let you know of any nearby caches that might interfere.

4. Don't submit Listings with business or product names in the Title. In general, avoid promoting nearby businesses in your Description.

If you could ask your fellow cachers to to just one thing to improve the game for the rest of us, what would you ask for?

I've given it some thought, and for some reason I keep coming back to a pet peeve: I would ask my fellow cachers to not hide caches on playgrounds. Nobody wants to see some lone dude crawling around looking under the slide. It's creepy when there are kids around. It's creepier when they're not. So that's my request. :rolleyes:

What about you?

Chill OUT will you?? That's what I would ask.

Make sure the cover for the cache is in place, so it isn't inadvertently discovered and muggled.

One cache I found yesterday was completely exposed and had several muggle entries in the logbook. Thankfully none where obscene, as I've seen in others. When rehiding the cache I made sure it was better covered.

Have a point to your cache.

I live in a beautiful rural area. We have many forests, lakes, mountains and rivers. We have many historical features including railways, gold diggings, hotels, monuments, and public buildings.

Please don't waste your time with a micro in a lakeside botanic garden, with no info on your page about the gardens.

Pointless caches are easily forgettable.

Please, take me on an adventure.

I live in a beautiful rural area. We have many forests, lakes, mountains and rivers. We have many historical features including railways, gold diggings, hotels, monuments, and public buildings.

Please don't waste your time with a micro in a lakeside botanic garden, with no info on your page about the gardens.

I hereby revoke my previous comment in favor of this one!

speak english.

don't shoot me if i happen to be drunk and acosting you.

pay it forward.

pay it backward. hell, just pay.

don't sing off-key.

get out of my way.

get in my way if i am about to walk off a cliff because i'm too focused on the gps.

put out some more caches, this area is a little slim.

Make sure the cover for the cache is in place, so it isn't inadvertently discovered and muggled.

One cache I found yesterday was completely exposed and had several muggle entries in the logbook. Thankfully none where obscene, as I've seen in others. When rehiding the cache I made sure it was better covered.

I thought that you were supposed to re-hide it "exactly" as you found it.

***This post is ment to be funny. I realise that sometimes you need to hide a cache better than you found it.

Are you kidding me? OK here is my one request

Please hide a cache in a lakeside botanic garden near my house, I don't care if there is any info on your page about the gardens. I will just be happy to see them and the lake. So much better than a field of rocks in the centre median of the highway etc. (you do know that the "point" to geocacing is to find geocaches right)

OK Ok, Cut that one. Here is my request:

Don't confuse geocaching with Waymarking. If you hate caches that "don't take me anywhere", I think you are confusing the two. Give Waymarking a try. Find a catagory that takes you places you like, and go find them all.

Edited by Andronicus

Posted expectations are sooo entertaining.

Yay. Thank you for my smug superior feeling for the day, but points in your favor for saying please. :)

You even enarned a gift horse to look in the mouth:

e0febc68-e3f4-494c-b911-bce624ec22fd.jpg

Edited by Snoogans

Posted expectations are sooo entertaining.

Yay. Thank you for my smug superior feeling for the day, but points in your favor for saying please. :)

You even enarned a gift horse to look in the mouth:

e0febc68-e3f4-494c-b911-bce624ec22fd.jpg

I've always wanted a horse!