NEWBIE - HELP Pimp my Oregon 450 Please

Hello All!

I just ordered and Oregon 450 after much research, and could use some help with what to buy/download for it and how I should set it up. Would someone be able to give me some advice as to what I should do to right after I open the box? Should I buy the 24K Topo Maps? 120.00, but if I have to I will. What else?

1. Screen protector. Lots of folks here like Invisible Shields (zagg.com)

2. Go to www.gpsfiledepot.com to find FREE! maps that are at least as good as the ones you pay Garmin for.

3. www.openstreetmap.org has free, ROUTABLE street maps. Sometimes takes a little bit of fiddling, but they're FREE!

4. Check out garminoregon.wikispaces.com for lots of Oregon info, like tricks to make your screen more readable in sunlight.

Grab a 4/8GB SD card for all the maps you'll want to download.

You might also want to think about a BirdsEye subscription ($30/year) for aerials.

GO$Rs

I went to Walmart tonight hoping to fing an 8GB Micro SD Cards for my new oregon 450. They were completely sold out as was Walgreens. Why are people snatching these cards up??

BTW, nice choice btozzo!!!