I hurt myself today

brslk

No, I am not Johnny Cash or NIN.

I slipped while going down a steep hill and reached to grab a tree to stop my slide. I grabbed the tree and my thumb became lodged in the vee of the tree and I kept moving.

I first dislocated my thumb joint and then broke the bone below the joint when I kept moving.

I continued on to find the cache.

Next time I will just let myself fall.

I need an Opposable thumb.

It's the only thing that separates me from primates.

(Of course it was on my dominant left hand (left handers being the more intelligent humans))

Darn! First thing I thought when I read the title.

And let's be honest, NIN is just Trent Reznor and, oh yeah, there are those other random people he just happens to have on stage.....

What was this thread about again.....addiction?

(Of course it was on my dominant left hand (left handers being the more intelligent humans))

Some how after reading the story that thought did not flash across the mind, but maybe that is because I'm not one of the more intelligent left handers. ;)

I slipped while going down a steep hill and reached to grab a tree to stop my slide. I grabbed the tree and my thumb became lodged in the vee of the tree and I kept moving.

I first dislocated my thumb joint and then broke the bone below the joint when I kept moving.

Ouch! My sympathies, and hope you have a quick recovery.

And I would like to applaud you for your dedication to geocaching. There should be a Purple Ammo Can geocoin for wounds suffered in the pursuit of a geocache ;)

We left handers are more intelligent, that's a given, of course. I just wish you didn't mention that in this post ;)

PICS?!?

and on the aside, the Johnny Cash version sux compared to the NIN version. However, the Cash version of Rusty Cage is pretty good though.

Whoa whoa whoa there! even Trent Reznor has said the Cash version is better.

And I broke my collarbone two weeks ago while caching. Brand new bike decided to throw me. And, no, I'm not left-handed......

Still cached some this past week while on vacation in Vegas area, though.

My thumb aching pales in comparison to your collar bone break. But if you were left handed.. you wouldn't have fell off your bike.

Just sayin'

And I broke my collarbone two weeks ago while caching. Brand new bike decided to throw me. And, no, I'm not left-handed......

My thumb aching pales in comparison to your collar bone break. But if you were left handed.. you wouldn't have fell off your bike.

Just sayin'

Fallen. I guess your pain meds are interfering with your superior intelligence. Best wishes for a speedy(and sucessful) recovery.

Just sayin'

Fallen. I guess your pain meds are interfering with your superior intelligence. Best wishes for a speedy(and sucessful) recovery.

That was called a "joke" unfortunate that you missed it but I cannot explain it to everyone.

Would you like me to dumb it down for you?

I could've had something like this happen to me a while back. My Streetpilot was sending me the wrong way to a cache, and the path I was taking was going across a 45 to 60 degree slope. Fortunately, I had a good, sturdy hiking stick to jam down into the roots of the trees along the hill to keep myself from sliding down. If I did, myself and my non-waterproof GPS, as well as my non-waterproof cellphone in my pocket would've tumbled down into a creek at the bottom, hopefully without alligators or snakes!

When my Streetpilot finally acted right, it jumped me about 100ft to my correct position, and the geocache was on the other, non-treacherous side of the hill.

Also I'm left handed as well, maybe that's why I had the intelligence to use my hiking stick on the roots of the trees growing out the side of the hill :rolleyes:

BTW, a statistic says left handers live, on average, seven years less than right handers...

Yes, yes, we believe you. Just leave Wikipedia alone, will you? :rolleyes:

We lefty's die earlier on average because of the hazards of living in a right handed world. Right handed machinery and industrial equipment contributes to it. I'm all about left handed equality.

Anyhow, I had a near miss similar to this not too long ago. Slipped on a muddy hill (stupid me had to cache just after some rain). Grabbed a couple little trees before falling. Got bruised and scratched up and poked by some sticks but made it.

Also I'm left handed as well, maybe that's why I had the intelligence to use my hiking stick on the roots of the trees growing out the side of the hill ;)

So edit that image and show your avatar sticking out his left thumb already! :)

Edit : Here, don't say I never do anything for you :rolleyes:

f3055b05fb62479d9ec95eb.jpg

Edited by Chrysalides
Also I'm left handed as well, maybe that's why I had the intelligence to use my hiking stick on the roots of the trees growing out the side of the hill ;)

So edit that image and show your avatar sticking out his left thumb already! :)

Edit : Here, don't say I never do anything for you :rolleyes:

f3055b05fb62479d9ec95eb.jpg

After all my photoshopping on that pic, how did I let that] slip by me???

Ouch! My sympathies, and hope you have a quick recovery.

And I would like to applaud you for your dedication to geocaching. There should be a Purple Ammo Can geocoin for wounds suffered in the pursuit of a geocache :P

We left handers are more intelligent, that's a given, of course. I just wish you didn't mention that in this post :)

OWWW! I agree about that Purple Ammo Can, and also about lefthanders, being one myself. We're the only ones in our right mind :cry:

Hope you feel better soon!!

I done that to my thumb, (mine was skiing in italy) the instructor on the slope just grabbed hold of it and shoved it back into place, daily painkillers till i finished the week

found out when i got back to UK that i had craked the ball.

from this i got a sudden flash - about 30 seconds in a paint programme and here we go:

4485bb6b-17fa-4bc2-b5d7-b20bc8cdad36.jpg

Darn! First thing I thought when I read the title.

this

PICS?!?

and on the aside, the Johnny Cash version sux compared to the NIN version. However, the Cash version of Rusty Cage is pretty good though.

no way!

PICS?!?

Whoa whoa whoa there! even Trent Reznor has said the Cash version is better.

Didnt he go even further and say it was 'no longer his song'?

I'm scratched up, scarred, battered and rash-covered -- I've never had this much fun before! :)

Indeed. It would take a paralyzing accident to slow me down. (note: I said slow me down, not stop. I am already slightly handicapped (no, not mentally))