Is it better to say something, or to keep my mouth shut?

I like different hide styles for individual days out. After a few near misses and one bad patch of poison oak I decided I wanted to try some urban areas which were free of the noxious stuff. When it's rainy I'll also tend to poke about town, rather than get completely muddy (and possibly damage soft trails.)

Ah. You'd love my area: North Jersey! 35 miles east, I'm in New York City (about as urban as you can get.) 35 miles west, I'm in Pennsylvania. North Jersey has some great parks to hike in, if you feel like hiking. Or sprawling suburbia, if such is your choice. Friday, I did a five mile hike in Jenny Jump State Forest. Saturday we did about three miles in The City. And Sunday, we did cache-and-dashes in suburban Bergen and Hudson counties. Something for anyone!

I remember back 20 years or so when email and online forum spam started to become more common. Many suggested a passive approach similar to what you're advocating.

Spam is being sent out in the hopes of generating revenue or traffic to a website. I'd like to know your business plan for making money through hiding geocaches.

1. Hide geocache

2. ???

3. Profit!

:rolleyes:

either put out a non-micro/nano cache and reeeeeeaaly hope that people follow the trade up/trade even rule for swag, or put a geocache in the parking lot for that cafe you own. Here is a third option:

1. Hide historical geocache

2. have historical society pay you to have this nice informative thingamajiggy

3. $$$

Well, you knew it was a micro before you went there and probably had a clue that it was in a business district. You could have chosen to not get it. As you got closer you could have chosen to drive on by so to speak.

Since you chose to locate it and sign it the owner deserves a courteous response.

And since you are basically a newbie I doubt this will be your lowest experience. You could eliminate this by upping the D and T in your PQ.

I tend to agree with this comment.

I would thank the hider for the cache and move on.

It should be noted that the OP has NOT HIDDEN ANY CACHES....this was also the case recently regarding concern about micros......the thread starter was on their second foray into the hobby but still had no hides. It has been my experience that the most criticism comes from those with the fewest hides.

That aside, there are many that have no problem with the cache described here. My wife and I detest ( she won’t get out the car) high profile/ muggle intensive caches as a nano stuck to a restaurant window sill where the diners are looking at you a few feet away, yet there must be some that love these as they are plentiful........again, I may make a brief attempt but find it or not I just TFTC and move on.

I'm not sure what your point is... yeah, I'm still fairly new and don't have any hides. That's what I'm asking the question!

I would thank the hider for the cache and move on.

It should be noted that the OP has NOT HIDDEN ANY CACHES....this was also the case recently regarding concern about micros......the thread starter was on their second foray into the hobby but still had no hides. It has been my experience that the most criticism comes from those with the fewest hides.

That aside, there are many that have no problem with the cache described here. My wife and I detest ( she won’t get out the car) high profile/ muggle intensive caches as a nano stuck to a restaurant window sill where the diners are looking at you a few feet away, yet there must be some that love these as they are plentiful........again, I may make a brief attempt but find it or not I just TFTC and move on.

I'm not sure what your point is... yeah, I'm still fairly new and don't have any hides. That's what I'm asking the question!

unfortunately, there may be some wanting to enact Rule 4b:

"thou shall not ask questions until you have ### hides"

NRF ~ No Redeeming Factors

ATTS ~ Already there - took smiley

SLDKW ~ Signed log don’t know why

SL added to my bookmark list (Boring Caches ~ Lamest caches ~ Wasted moments…)

TICGB ~ Time I can’t get back

Why? No really I want to know.

DMCFM ~ Don’t much care for micros

If I wasn’t an addict I wouldn’t have signed the log.

AUMIWIS ~ Another ubiquitous micro I wish I’d skipped

Smiley hog ~ SL

Of course you don’t have to tell them what the letters stand for.

Really I'm not sure, if the cache really annoyed me I'd likely say something to let the owner know, Mostly I think TNLN SL is sort of like saying I was there but didn't care enough to waste my time saying more. Even TFTC seems to say that you didn't care much one way or the other. Although I do realize that a lot of people do that even for the ones they really like.