Geosphere Application

I hate to say it but waiting for this update caused me to seek out a replacement. I too downloaded geosphere at a considerable discount over this app and let me tell you I am not sure I will ever come back to this app the maps are better, once you are used to it, the interface is more user friendly, it can be used completely off line, adding and modifying waypoints seems easier, just all around better. I can even take photos and attach them to the cache. I hope this update comes soon cause I am beginning to rely on geosphere.

I hate to say it but waiting for this update caused me to seek out a replacement. I too downloaded geosphere at a considerable discount over this app and let me tell you I am not sure I will ever come back to this app the maps are better, once you are used to it, the interface is more user friendly, it can be used completely off line, adding and modifying waypoints seems easier, just all around better. I can even take photos and attach them to the cache. I hope this update comes soon cause I am beginning to rely on geosphere.

Can you do real time searches based on your current location with Geosphere?

Not exactly live, but if you have Internet access, you can run a pocket query at any time from gc.com and upload the gpx file instantly to geosphere I have mine run daily and I upload it any time I am caching.

Edited by gdawson

I use geosphere primarily to complement my handheld. Even though I have paperless features in the gpsr, geosphere is useful for filtering the pqs, identifying the type of caches that I want to visit. It also is very readable, incorporating graphics and html far better than the official app. I like the way it maps the pq to provide a quick overview. Its a great app for premium members.

IN a matter of speaking, you can. Geosphere will allow you to do a "web search" using geocaching.com to search for caches near your current location. From there, it is easy to select an individual cache and (if you are a premium member) select the "download GPX file" button which will then automatically load it into your Geosphere database. I have used this functionality a few times in the past.

Yes. I have one bookmark which returns ALL nearby caches and another bookmark which returns nearby caches I haven't found...unlike the Groundspeak app which requires you go into the Settings and re-configure the app then run another search.

You can delete individual caches. You can load individual caches. You can filter based on Unfound/Found, Container, Size, Difficulty, Terrain, Distance, Direction. Almost like a simplified version of GSAK on your iPhone.

In a word, the Geocaching with Geosphere app is AWESOME!