Help Me With This Mystery Cache Please! ASAP!

burmars

I am usually pretty good with mystery caches. But this one has me absolutely stumped. Here's the link.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...b2-8097c37b3e5a

I believe the solution to the puzzle is all the typos and missing words, put together somehow. But I don't see how they apply to the puzzle. I have written to the CO twice and the first message he said "I can't tell yout oo much but a word int he sentence is We're". So I scavenged and found we're 3 times. But I still don't see the pattern. The second message he sent to me says "Thanks for your interest in my puzzle, but unfortunately you are not on the right track. The only thing I will say is that I'm talking about and referencing something very specific throughout the story. The solution has nothing to do with the number of times I use certain words but the thing I'm talking about is mentioned many times. Keep working at it and the AHA! moment should come!". And that didn't help me too much. this cache has not been found yet and I would love the FTF. Thanks for your help! It is greatly appreciated!

Burmars

The FTF won't mean as much to you if you get help! Solving a challenging puzzle cache on your own is a wonderful feeling of great accomplishment!

By the way, most cachers I know of do not give hints until after FTF, or at least a long time has passed.

Good luck with this one!

The cache page clearly says:

"No hints will be give until someone has found the cache. Please be very careful with the GZ as it is already having issues as you will see."

I'd say he's given you plenty already!

Too many really! But I'm a softie and I don't like seeing people suffer. :rolleyes: No problems. Never meant this one to be this difficult. I'll see how it goes and update the puzzle later this week if necessary. The story really does contain the info you need to solve the puzzle, you just need to read it carefully and pay attention to what you are reading. Sorry Burmars couldn't get the FTF, but I have yet to get an FTF on a puzzle cache myself, just not quick enough!

The cache page clearly says:

"No hints will be give until someone has found the cache. Please be very careful with the GZ as it is already having issues as you will see."

I'd say he's given you plenty already!

Too many really! But I'm a softie and I don't like seeing people suffer. :) No problems. Never meant this one to be this difficult. I'll see how it goes and update the puzzle later this week if necessary. The story really does contain the info you need to solve the puzzle, you just need to read it carefully and pay attention to what you are reading. Sorry Burmars couldn't get the FTF, but I have yet to get an FTF on a puzzle cache myself, just not quick enough!

Saw this thread, decided to give the puzzle a peek earlier this evening.

I spent a bit too much time on it but managed to get the solution in the end. Well put together, Hooligan. In hindsight the latter half of solving this should have been much quicker -- the answer was staring me in the face but I refused to think it could be that simple.

I think there's enough hints in there now to make this quite feasible. The clues are all there in the text.