Premium membership

Jedi Cacher

I have had a premium membership for a few years now. I pay my fees via pay pal on a monthly basis on the 16th of every month. I paid my last fee on April 16th and my subscription was cancelled on the 30th. I got an email notification from Groundspeak saying my subscription was cancelled. For what reason I have no idea why. I thought maybe it was a glitch in the system, but sure enough my premium membership status is gone. I checked my paypal account and all is good with the funds but the history shows the Groundspeak cancellation. I think I will contact Groundspeak to see what's up. I paid my fees, yet I didn't even get my full months membership. Anybody else out there had this happen to them?

My guess is because Groundspeak no longer has a Monthly premium membership. Your choices now are yearly and quarterly (every three months)...but as I said it's just a guess...

Ahhh, you are correct. Got an email from Groundspeak today and will have to renew my membership with the new choices. Thanks!

My monthly sneezed a couple months back. I even got the "thank you" from GS showing paid. Cancelled anyhoo. I forwarded the Paid notice back to GS. They reinstated my premium a couple of days later with no problem, and my monthly fee continues to pay and be accepted.

We've been paying monthly through Paypal since 2004 and so far, no sneezes or glitches. This would really honk us off if it happened while we were out of state on vacation! Maybe we ought to just change to quarterly, but I hate to mess with it if it ain't broke, ya' know? :rolleyes:

We've been paying monthly through Paypal since 2004 and so far, no sneezes or glitches. This would really honk us off if it happened while we were out of state on vacation! Maybe we ought to just change to quarterly, but I hate to mess with it if it ain't broke, ya' know? :rolleyes:

Or yearly - it really is the best deal.

Or yearly - it really is the best deal.

I was a little surprised to find that quarterly is actually slightly more expensive than monthly. Not that it affects me personally, since the annual deal is definitely the way to go.

Same here.

Just my luck I'd try to switch to annual, and it'd take two months to straighten out...

Monthly is no longer grandfathered? Or was the cancellation a mistake?

I rechecked my Emails and noticed that my cancellation statement was from Pay Pal and not from Groundspeak, outlining the cancellation from Groundspeak. Kind of odd that I didn't get a notification from Groundspeak alerting me of this.

Here is the response that I got : Thank you for writing in. Because there have been problems with the communication between our site and PayPal's, we have been canceling the grandfathered PayPal payments so that users can now pay through geocaching.com. This should make it more efficient on our end and yours because this should prevent future issues.

No great harm done so I will just renew my membership on a yearly basis.

I was shocked a few moments ago when I looked at a Member's Only cache and found that I was unable to view it!! I've been a member for 6 years with automatic renewal. My credit card is still good. I have received no email from Groundspeak, nor from Paypal, of any problems.

We've been paying monthly through Paypal since 2004 and so far, no sneezes or glitches. This would really honk us off if it happened while we were out of state on vacation! Maybe we ought to just change to quarterly, but I hate to mess with it if it ain't broke, ya' know? :lol:

Yeah, it took me about 6 months to go premium way back when, so I too have been paying monthly since early 2004. I have no clue why I pay monthly, but that's just how I roll.

Unlike Car54 however, I have had 2 glitches over the years that cancelled my premium membership. Groundspeak was somewhat helpful both times, PayPal was completely useless. :lol:

So I guess I'll just sit back and wait to see if the Frog cancels my membership. C'mon guys, I've given you an extra $6/year for 7 years. That's 42 clams, you know. :(

I was shocked a few moments ago when I looked at a Member's Only cache and found that I was unable to view it!! I've been a member for 6 years with automatic renewal. My credit card is still good. I have received no email from Groundspeak, nor from Paypal, of any problems.

lol

Maybe it is time to know someone other than Chad!!! :unsure: (He just isn't getting the job done anymore...)