Changes to Benchmark hunting?

rogbarn

I know that Jeremy and Elias are working on some updates to benchmark hunting. But one thing that I've seen mentioned but not as a possible update is to allow benchmarks that are not found but later found to appear in the search listings. For example, it may show as not found in 1971 but then found in 1994. Currently, any not found entry causes it to not show up in the zip code or lat/long searches.

While I'm on the topic, does anyone have any idea when benchmark hunting updates will be put in place?

Many thanks to J & A for this great addition to geo-caching, especially for me since I don't have a GPS (yet!).

quote:
Originally posted by rogbarn:

For example, it may show as not found in 1971 but then found in 1994. Currently, any not found entry causes it to not show up in the zip code or lat/long searches.

True, they don't show up in the search, but they are still in the database. If you find one, you can still log it. I have a list of several in my area I got from the NGS website.

I agree they need to show up in the results of searches. I'd also like to see the ones that have NOT had a later found entry - some of them still exist. Maybe put a "frowny-face" icon next to them.

25021_1200.gif