Can't activate my geocoin!

kelbelle22

My husband bought me a geoocoin for our five year anniversary seeing that I am loving geocaching. He bought the LOVE series with the US prefixes. It says to go to the website coincodes which I did, and I selected the appropriate link for the activation and entered the tracking number, but it says they can't find my tracking number so I can't get the activation code! The code doesn't have any zeros or O's in it so it is not a matter of mixing up the two. I have tried putting it in with capitals and with lower case but nothing. Anyone else have this problem? I e-mailed the company but no response yet, although it is a weekend so maybe Monday I will hear something. Any tips/suggestions? I would like to get this coin out there and track it!

hmmm...did you try retrieving the activation code from the other "LOVE GEOCOIN" link on the coincodes.com page? some codes may have been mixed together. i hope this works. keep us posted.

by the way, have you looked at the tracking code through a magnifying glass to verify the letters and numbers? i know it sounds like a rather basic step, but there have been times i would swear that a "B" was indeed an "8"!...lol... :) i now own a nice magnifying glass i keep close by! :)

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

I agree that sometimes it takes a magnifying glass. Some I can see just fine, others seem to look like one thing and when you look closer it's clear they were others. I had one I swore was DDD and not one of the letters was D when (nor were they the same letters) when I took it to the magnifying glass to look. I'm blaming it on being on the edge of the coin and messing with my eyes. LOL Good Luck.

I agree that sometimes it takes a magnifying glass. Some I can see just fine, others seem to look like one thing and when you look closer it's clear they were others. I had one I swore was DDD and not one of the letters was D when (nor were they the same letters) when I took it to the magnifying glass to look. I'm blaming it on being on the edge of the coin and messing with my eyes. LOL Good Luck.

YES! its definitely the coins fault! it has nothing at all to do with my perfect eyesight! ;) hmmm...why do all my designs have huge tracking numbers?! ;)

Just so you don't get stuck on the 0/O thing...

Don't forget: B=8; Q=0 or O, 1=I

Have seen some coins where you wouldn't think you could mistake letters or numbers (outside of those listed), but it happens. Just the other day to me and I use a jeweler's eye-loupe -- still got it wrong! Even with that eyepiece 6 looked like a Cap C! Directional light solved it.

Every way I turn it, it looks the same. It is in the center of the coin with halfway decent sized print and the letters and numbers on it are US6R47...any suggestions on what else it could be? This is the US prefix love coin so I am sure the first two are US and not something else.

that is definitely a "legitimate" tracking code, and has not been activated yet.

i seem to recall someone recently posting info on the "caching peace dove" geocoin. let me see if i can find out who that was, and they may be able to help with the activation code. stay tuned.

Edited by Odyssey Voyager