how long till first find

How about almost EIGHT YEARS? GC697D Legend III 5/5 hidden June 10, 2002 on the Churchill River system in northern Saskatchewan - just trees, rocks and lakes - no prairie here.

Close behind is GC989E SK Extreme 01 4/5 hidden July 17, 2002 also in Northern Saskatchewan. No-one has EVER looked for these two!

But Alberta has Saskatchewan beat - GC1607 Mount Temple 4/5 hidden August 12, 2001 - in the Rocky Mountains near Lake Louise. Read the DNF logs and look at the pictures. The cache owner, "MCPL. Paul Franklin was injured in Kandahar Afghanistan in a Suicide bombing Jan 15th, 2006. During the incident Paul suffered amputation of both right and left legs above the knees. As Paul is an Avid outdoors and athletic type - it is my hope that at some point in the future - he will be able to return to this cache."

The more urban caches are found a bit faster.

So come on up to the Great White North and get that FTF! Mind you it was 30 above Celsius this week and this morning we had a few minutes of snow! So come prepared.

So when are you coming?

So come on up to the Great White North and get that FTF! Mind you it was 30 above Celsius this week and this morning we had a few minutes of snow! So come prepared.

So when are you coming?

30 above celsius... AND snow? global warming for sure... i bet your cats and dogs live together too! :)

So when are you coming?

30 above celsius... AND snow? global warming for sure... i bet your cats and dogs live together too! :)

Heat wave Monday May 17 and Tuesday May 18, 2010 when we broke the record high. Fire Ban. www.edmontonsun.com/news/edmonton/2010/05/.../13985236.html

Heavy rain and funnel clouds Thursday May 20, 2010. mynews.ctv.ca/mediadetail/1394842?&offset=3399&siteT=

Yesterday Friday May 21 and this morning, May 22, we had a few minutes of snow. It was only plus 2, Celsius. But my tulips and apple trees are blooming! So spring is here, with its usual unpredictable weather.

I did say be prepared!

If you broaden your search world-wide and look for caches in rather more remote/unusual countries you can find lots of FTF opportunites. There's a chance MrB might go to Zimbabwe in a couple of months so I had a look to see what caches are there and found 7 caches which still await their FTFinders, some having been placed in '04 and '05. Of course, whether all those caches are still there is another matter...

MrsB

How about almost EIGHT YEARS? GC697D Legend III 5/5 hidden June 10, 2002 on the Churchill River system in northern Saskatchewan - just trees, rocks and lakes - no prairie here.

Close behind is GC989E SK Extreme 01 4/5 hidden July 17, 2002 also in Northern Saskatchewan. No-one has EVER looked for these two!

But Alberta has Saskatchewan beat - GC1607 Mount Temple 4/5 hidden August 12, 2001 - in the Rocky Mountains near Lake Louise. Read the DNF logs and look at the pictures. The cache owner, "MCPL. Paul Franklin was injured in Kandahar Afghanistan in a Suicide bombing Jan 15th, 2006. During the incident Paul suffered amputation of both right and left legs above the knees. As Paul is an Avid outdoors and athletic type - it is my hope that at some point in the future - he will be able to return to this cache."

The more urban caches are found a bit faster.

So when are you coming?

Usually when this topic comes up, I end up saying Northern Canada is the Mother Lode for never found caches. I believe there were over 10 in Northern Ontario alone. I don't know any more though, the bookmark list owner deleted his list for some unknown reason. ;)

Here's a 2001 unfound cache in Ontario: 4.5 Lb. Walleye and no, I don't believe Connie that she's ever going to find it. ;)

GC16QX8 ETD: Sentinel to GCR 10-16-07 D2 T3.5

GC176P7 ETD: Coyote Spgs/Pinnacle Pt 11-4-07 D2 T3.5

GC176PE ETD: Coyote Spgs/On the Point 11-4-07 D2 T3.5

GC176PM ETD: Coyote Spgs/Side Canyon 11-4-07 D1.5 T3.5

GC170GW ETD: At the Top 10-27-07 D2.5 T3

GC1BC8Z ETD: High Road 4-18-08 D2.5 T3.5

GC1DBFN Idaho Taters 6-18-08 D1 T3.5

Nearly all of those are in areas that require some hiking in rugged terrain, but I was 64 at the time I placed the earliest of those and not in the best of health; so, they are definitely attainable by most people who don't mind expending the energy to get to them. Great scenery too!!!