Polyart holds inkjet ink?

I recently ran into a situation where I have access to a fair amount of polyart (not) paper. I thought I would give it a test on my inkjet printer to see if the ink would run if it got wet and so far the ink doesn't run.

How cool is that?!

Anyone else test this stuff?

P.S. For those who don't know, Polyart is a plastic sheet with a writeable surface on it. They call it "paper" but it's not. It's not affected by water so it's perfect for cache logs if the tests for water are successful. It's hard to tear unless you nick an edge and then it tears quite easy.

Googled and found this : http://www.polyart.com/en/polyart-synthetic-paper/index.html

One of the pages said it "adapts quickly" to various different forms of printing, including ink jet. Whatever "adapts quickly" means.

How well does pen / pencil write on it?

Amazingly well. I tested a ball point, gel pen and a sharpie and all three had minimal smudging after only 10 seconds.

Lucky for me I have access to 1000 sheets of 8.5 X 11 text weight and cover stock. The text weight is incredibly thin, yet still VERY strong.

Thin, waterproof, strong, writes well with a pen (what about pencil? some types of synthetic paper don't seem to like pencils), prints with ink jet and printing doesn't run when wet... I'd say it's a winner.

Wonder what they're selling it for...

Found someone selling it on eBay. 19" x 25" 4.5 mil sheet size. 114,000 for $15,000. But free shipping! Think I'll pass though... :)

Thin, waterproof, strong, writes well with a pen (what about pencil? some types of synthetic paper don't seem to like pencils), prints with ink jet and printing doesn't run when wet... I'd say it's a winner.

Wonder what they're selling it for...

Found someone selling it on eBay. 19" x 25" 4.5 mil sheet size. 114,000 for $15,000. But free shipping! Think I'll pass though... :)

That's around 10 cents a sheet. Not cheap paper for sure.

I just tested a brand new mechanical pencil. It writes easy enough but with the sharp lead it wants to grab the stock. It IS legible with a minimum of pressure (like signing it without a hard surface to stabilize it).

It's definately a great stock.

Editing... It looks like that sheet size would around 10 cents per 19X25 sheet. That works out to 2.5 cents per 8.5X11 which puts it around $12.50 per ream which is NOT all that expensive as far as paper goes. Of course you would need a paper cutter (which I have) if you were going to buy that much stock.

(all numbers are VERY rough estimates)

Edited by bittsen