Looking for a Partner

FamilyDigger007

Hey all..I'm looking for someone in either the Granite City, IL or Saint Louis, Missouri area who might be interested in making a cache with me. I live in Ft. Wayne, IN, but once had family in the Granite City, IL area. In the early 1860s my great great great great grandfather was a prominent farmer there and owned a small family cemetery on his farm. In the 1950s or early 1960s there was little of the family left to fight for it when the city decided to build a subdivision and road right through the cemetery. My great great great grandfather fought for the Union Army and was wounded and discharged in 1862. He, his wife, brother-in-law, father and mother in law's graves are now marked in the middle of the grassy median, with flush to the ground bronze markers. I would like to place a traditional cache in one of the trees near where the markers are, in his name, but I would not be able to check up on it or do maintenance on it if the need would arise. I would how ever put the cache together and pay for everything. Is there anyone out there that would be interested?

Hey all..I'm looking for someone in either the Granite City, IL or Saint Louis, Missouri area who might be interested in making a cache with me. I live in Ft. Wayne, IN, but once had family in the Granite City, IL area. In the early 1860s my great great great great grandfather was a prominent farmer there and owned a small family cemetery on his farm. In the 1950s or early 1960s there was little of the family left to fight for it when the city decided to build a subdivision and road right through the cemetery. My great great great grandfather fought for the Union Army and was wounded and discharged in 1862. He, his wife, brother-in-law, father and mother in law's graves are now marked in the middle of the grassy median, with flush to the ground bronze markers. I would like to place a traditional cache in one of the trees near where the markers are, in his name, but I would not be able to check up on it or do maintenance on it if the need would arise. I would how ever put the cache together and pay for everything. Is there anyone out there that would be interested?

Hello FamilyDigger007,

I will put your request on our SLAGA forums and see if one of our Granite City members gets in contact with you. If not, just let us know and the St. Louis Area Geocachers Assoc. will take care of the cache for you.

L Frank

SLAGA President