Cache Wars Antique Silver

Chinese Zodiac Tiger Red

Davy Jones Locker Nickel Blue

Fortune Favors the Bold Gold / Purple

May 2008 SE - May Flowers - Under 200 Made

November 2009 SE Antique Gold - Caching Along The Lines

Seals of Solomon - 10th Anniversary Edition

The Cachosphere V2

U.F.O. Coin V2 - They're Here For The Geocaching!

These along with the other coins Ive gotten, Im starting to build up a collection here for myself... now if I can figure best way to store/display them.... any ideas

Yoda

1c545979-96b5-4f48-9b3b-f2cc387b87eb.jpg

16033cc7-86f3-4c3e-b6a2-8f085cbd300f.jpg

here is how i keep mine, i did alot of reaserch to find out whats out there, and did alot of work to figure out what would be best for my idea of display.. if you look to the far right of the top picture you can see one of my old ideas witch was hot glueing the flips to a display board....but that quickly became very hard to move coins around when i got more of an edition,, so now (the main pics).. i buy a shadow box, and some baseboard and cut the base, to fit the box.. i found out the long way fits more coins.. and i staple thru the edge to the box to make shelfs,, and my latest thing is i got some plastic stands off e-bay very very cheap.... and hot glue them on the shelfs so the coins dont fall over when hanging or moving the display boxes ive made ,, over all cost is about 30- 40 bucks a box, and love being able to look at them every day with out having to pull out a bunch of coins and handle them alot. mind you i did all this before we hit rock bottom on our money situation, but if you have the time and effort they come out great and i would even consider making them to sell if i could afford it!!

Edited by DJ.J.ROCK

here is how i keep mine, i did alot of reaserch to find out whats out there, and did alot of work to figure out what would be best for my idea of display.. if you look to the far right of the top picture you can see one of my old ideas witch was hot glueing the flips to a display board....but that quickly became very hard to move coins around when i got more of an edition,, so now (the main pics).. i buy a shadow box, and some baseboard and cut the base, to fit the box.. i found out the long way fits more coins.. and i staple thru the edge to the box to make shelfs,, and my latest thing is i got some plastic stands off e-bay very very cheap.... and hot glue them on the shelfs so the coins dont fall over when hanging or moving the display boxes ive made ,, over all cost is about 30- 40 bucks a box, and love being able to look at them every day with out having to pull out a bunch of coins and handle them alot. mind you i did all this before we hit rock bottom on our money situation, but if you have the time and effort they come out great and i would even consider making them to sell if i could afford it!!

WOW! Really Impressed with the work!!! You gave me some good ideas.... I might get some of those 3 inch molded wood/shelves things at home depot.. hang those up and hot glue down some stands to them...Hmm...still have to handle coin though to see back....BTW LOVE your collection...Those coins in the display box look awfully large how big are they?

yoda

i have been using "shot glass" wooden display cases i purchased on ebay. these are very nice solid wood cases with sliding plexiglass on the front to keep dust off the coins. there were relatively cheap, at about $35 per case total with free delivery. i ordered the "tall shot glass" shelves (3 inches between) as some of my geocoins are over 2 inches tall! the picture below is an older picture, so each coin was placed next to the other, but now, since i have so many more geocoins, i have "staggered" many of the coins slightly. staggering them allows many more to be placed in the same area. staggering also allows your collection some room to grow, so if you go with something like this, i wouldn't suggest glueing or permanently mounting each small individual coin display holder. i've been able to place over 50 geocoins in one 5 shelf display case. i hope the nails don't fail! :)

604bdb51-31a4-40d4-bce2-faacff005ece.jpg

Edited by Odyssey Voyager

Yoda, Thanks,

the top picture is my Tengwars, the bottom 2 rows are very big Tengwar coins i think at 2.125 inches.

about the gluing of the stands,, it would depend on how careful you are.. and where you live.. if your in an area that gets earth quakes like calli.. then i would suggest glueing them.. so the stands dont move.. i have full sets of coins so i was sure i wouldent want to move them around. also when i hang them im not the most stable holder,, so when they were not glued the stands would slide.. i also have a 2 1/2 yr old who loves coins so she touches the boxes quite a bit.. and when they get knocked around from her the stands do not move around,, so i glued them. and im happy i did.

now if your wanting to move them around or dont have any kids and what nott, dont glue them,, just know if the stands slide one direction or the other the coins will clank on the edges and they will not look uniform.

all in all i think its your decision on how your lifestyle fits glueing or not.

nice look to your box odyssey

yours look good too DJ. i don't move my display cases around, so they hang securely on a wall, no need for glue where i live...lol...no earthquakes or kiddos running around. they stay pretty much right where i place them, all uniform, straight, and as neat as can be! i am a bit obsessive about how certain things are displayed! :)

good luck with your choices "yodabuds" and post a few pics here when you get your collection ready for viewing! :)

omg you are killing me with that tengwar collection!

my fav too ;)

can we have a closer look to them? please ;)

Just went a little crazy over at geocoinclub... ordered

These along with the other coins Ive gotten, Im starting to build up a collection here for myself... now if I can figure best way to store/display them.... any ideas

Yoda

You can purchase display stands, display boxes, binders or coin albums. Vendours of challenge coins often sell display cases too... many of those are listed in the approved vendour/manufacturer lists posted in the pinned threads at the top of this forum or in the Geocoin Homepage under Trackable Items.

<snip>they stay pretty much right where i place them, all uniform, straight, and as neat as can be! i am a bit obsessive about how certain things are displayed! :rolleyes:

</snip>

OV & DJ ~

I find both of your displays very impressive! notworthy.gif

~J

there is a thread on the forum that has TONS of display/storage ideas. I will look for it and post if I can find it. edited to add: FOUND IT! here is the link...click here

I tried a few different ways to display my collection and unlike Odyssey Voyager and DJJ Rock, I keep mine in a toolbox of sorts. It is a Stanley 26 compartment storage case with lock and handle. It's pretty heavy now but compact and I am able to pull out my coins (sorted alphabetically) and look them over any time I want. I love it! I think I bought it at home depot.

Edited by ELTADA

my fav too :drama:

can we have a closer look to them? please :laughing:

SHURE... let me bust out my camera..

also i dont know what ones you have so when you get time send me your list of what you have and a trade list and ill see if i have any traders..:lol:

<snip>they stay pretty much right where i place them, all uniform, straight, and as neat as can be! i am a bit obsessive about how certain things are displayed! :drama:

</snip>

OV & DJ ~

I find both of your displays very impressive! notworthy.gif

~J

thank you very much i love them !!!

my fav too :drama:

can we have a closer look to them? please :laughing:

here ya go... enjoy!!

5df5714b-5c06-424d-837c-29044f0133b3.jpg

faba1342-b27f-4291-9d6b-9eea5a005367.jpg

03853ab9-a593-4d61-8be3-a0435283e385.jpg

25e89b5a-829f-48de-92fd-44c353cf161f.jpg

the other photos i took did not come out very well..

ones i still need are the .925 silver and 24 k gold old tengwars also a polished nickel around black nickel.

and a purple 2.125 that just came out this year if any one has any of these i will trade hefty for the older ones.

The two-tone black & silver is the one I covet -- that is an /amazing/ collection, and very nicely displayed, too!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! When your ready to part if ever with that LE PLEASE!!!!! let me know.. id trade some of my top keepers and probably a handful of um to get ahold of that coin you covet!!! thanks!!