So I've hit the around 20, no GPS wall...

ok I you found Caches without GPS , that is very good for you ...

If you no longer can find because you don't have GPS...so you must buy one to get even better

rates. I have been out to search for 10 in one day and I got just 1 or 2....So the problem is that

I need to search better , and always read CLUES and take good directions to the cache before you

get on the road....

So , you're not alone....Gedt a GPS and enjoy !

M.TEX

ok I you found Caches without GPS , that is very good for you ...

If you no longer can find because you don't have GPS...so you must buy one to get even better

rates. I have been out to search for 10 in one day and I got just 1 or 2....So the problem is that

I need to search better , and always read CLUES and take good directions to the cache before you

get on the road....

So , you're not alone....Gedt a GPS and enjoy !

M.TEX

Uh.... thanks.

If you have a car navigation system you might be able to switch it to ignore the roads and use the very small arrow to get close to the cache. I once found with the navigation when I did not have my GPS with me.

You might even be able to load the caches as POI on the navigation system.

If you don't have a GPS, do you have a cellphone? Does your cellphone have a navigation function?

I use the BlackStar app on my BlackBerry for caching. I did eventually buy a "real" GPS receiver, and it works better than the BlackBerry. But I still use the Blackberry a lot, especially for urban caches. For one thing, I always have the BB with me.

The plethora of pine straw and dead ungroomed, LOL, palmetto is about to drive me batcrap crazy. :blink:
I'm confused. Is the problem your lack of a GPSr? Or is the problem that you're finding caches hidden in places you don't enjoy searching?

I found hundreds without a GPSr before I finally broke down and bought one. I still don't use it for every search, although now I'm using GeoBeagle on my Nexus One most of the time, so I don't find many without any GPSr at all.

I disagree. Letterboxing is following hints and clues. If you like route finding, using a satellite image, and practicing tracking skills, then GPS-less caching is a much better choice. One good thing about Letterboxing however, is that there has to be room for a stamp and ink pad. No micros. :laughing: