Cache Post and New Cachers..........

I only have two caches out there that I have placed. The first one that I placed, The FTF logged it online. I was kinda happy that someone had found it. Then the second person to find it (a well respected local cacher) logged it online and noted that it was odd that the log book was blank when he found it.

I emailed the FTF cacher and he replied that he didn't have time to sign my logbook as he was on a numbers run.

I deleted his log.

I see no difference between the two.

I am not trying to micromanage anything. I took the time to place a good cache. I took the time to stock it well. I took the time to hide it in a good place. I took the time to get good coordinates. I take the time to check on it often.

How is it being too hard on a newbie? (I hesitate to call him or her that because they have found as many caches as I) to expect the common courtesy to explain simply using a cut and paste log saying why they are logging them?

No one picked on the person. They rightfully deleted his or her logs.

I will stand by my previous post that if 50 people deleted his logs and/or emailed him then at least one person pointed out how he could have gone logging his finds better.

Don't forget that the young or old male or female responded to an email by calling the OP a "douchebag"

Hardly a friendly start.

In the real world you generally get what you give.

That's right, so if all that the OP gave was 6 generic (automated) log deletion notices, and then an email calling the logger a liar(for logging online when they didn't prove that they had found the Cache by signing the book with a seperate name than their team)) then what they should expect back is a little anger, and perhaps some name calling(not saying that it's appropriate, but not unexpected either)

In the real world you generally get what you give.
That's right, so if all that the OP gave was 6 generic (automated) log deletion notices, and then an email calling the logger a liar(for logging online when they didn't prove that they had found the Cache by signing the book with a seperate name than their team)) then what they should expect back is a little anger, and perhaps some name calling(not saying that it's appropriate, but not unexpected either)

Which, strangely enough, is exactly what he got. Seems to validate what I said.

By the way, did you read my entire post. Particulary the last part about how redhedmary handled it?

By the way, did you read my entire post. Particulary the last part about how redhedmary handled it?
***Was that the part about getting off your lawn??

I assume you are a relatively literate man. I'll let you find it for yourself.

*** For the uninformed, "get off my lawn" is a well known running joke with me; particularly with BB.

I had a cache logged by this person, as well. I fired off a note to him, explaining that it looked a bit suspicious, and asked if I perchance knew him. I never received a response.

The cache of mine this person logged has been disabled since February, and missing a little longer. And since I know all the people who have logged the find, I'm certain this person is falsely logging finds (at least on my cache). Several of the other caches that he/she "found" were disabled, making it look even more strange.

If I were trying to play the game, and started getting loads of deleted log notifications from multiple players, I'd be very offended, hurt, and likely to decide that I didn't want to play this game with people like that. Anyone who has ever gotten a log deletion notice will know how impersonal and rude they can appear when there's no explanation.

Yup. And especially disheartening if the one receiving al the hassles is only a teenager.

That's my impression, that he is a kid with no ill intent, just trying to play what we keep calling a family-oriented game.

Restore his logs. There is no requirement that he write what you want him to write in the listing log.

If my guess is correct and y'all have jumped all over this kid and driven him from the game you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Edit to add: As I understand it the Reviewer's sole role in this game is to evaluate cache listings for guidelines compliance. I do not think that sending emails to warn cache owners about a perceived fake logger is part of the job.

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler

Edit to add: As I understand it the Reviewer's sole role in this game is to evaluate cache listings for guidelines compliance. I do not think that sending emails to warn cache owners about a perceived fake logger is part of the job.

The note I got from our reviewer was as a cacher, who also had caches "found" by this person.

I'm interested in knowing the caching name of the mom and brother. If this mom and brother were with this new cacher, I would assume that they would have been on this forum letting us know that their sibling was wronged. We would also have some credibility to this story if the "mom and brother" had a caching name inserted instead of just being called "mom and brother".

Oh yah, I too deleted the log of "tencentdeposit" after seeing no name in logbook or getting no explanation from the cacher logging the find.