Garmin GPSMAP 60csx for sale

Do you know you can buy a Garmin 60CSX brand new in box for $219?

# Includes a 64MB data memory card for extra storage

# Bundle includes unit, TOPO 2006 DVD and carrying case

http://www.cabelas.com/

Then do a search for it.

And your Point being? You don't like his asking price then don't post. This is the reason I did not offer mine up for sale on here. I sold Mine on ebay 3 weeks ago for $280 shipped. One year old. After paypal and ebay fees I ended up with maybe $240

Then do a search for it.

And your Point being? You don't like his asking price then don't post. This is the reason I did not offer mine up for sale on here. I sold Mine on ebay 3 weeks ago for $280 shipped. One year old. After paypal and ebay fees I ended up with maybe $240

Thanks for your comment Damin69. Thanks to "price police" rayt333 there is no chance I will sell it on here now. At least we know that Cabelas will sell more of them and, when I have to go to eBay, they will make money on listing fees.

Well, for what it's worth I have to cast my lot with rayt333. This is a community and people in the community look out for each other.

About two years ago, I obtained a Triton directly from Magellan and didn't like it and sold it here. I offered it at a steep discount. Nevertheless, two people chimed in and trashed the unit. I was very angry with their actions because my unit was new (not defective), I was upfront with everything about it and offered it very cheaply. Someone snatched it up and presumably is very happy with it.

This is different. You are offering a unit that now goes new (at several locations; Cabelas, REI and Bass Pro) for much cheaper than you are offering. I see nothing wrong with one of our own pointing this out to readers who otherwise wouldn't be aware of this. In fact, I think it is admirable.

I'm curious how others think.

I have a Garmin GPSMAP 60CSx for sale. It is new. I use a 76CSx and got one of these but don't need it. I am selling it for $260. It is brand new in the box.

Thanks...and happy caching!

Chris

Here is a picture of it:

garmin.jpg

I just checked Cabela and they have it on sale for $370. not the $215 that was mentioned. Still sounds like a good deal to me.

I was just pointing out the fact it was selling cheaper now, I sure hope you weren't wanting to take advantage of a fellow cacher.

I am not the "price police" I am someone who shops around and do price checks before I buy and I also share my knowledge with others for free.

chrisandvern and Damin69 are no more then thieves in the night, wanting to take advantage of others. I am proud to say I am not like you lowlifes.

I have to agree that it is not a cool move jumping on someone's for sale posting, regardless of your intentions. Nobody is trying to rip anyone off. He has a unit for sale and it is his asking price. I don't see that as trying to rip anyone off. If it is more than you can get it elsewhere then don't buy it. There has already been several threads talking about the low price you can get it at some retailers (one thread is in this forum). Start another one if you wish to "share my knowledge with others for free."

"chrisandvern and Damin69 are no more then thieves in the night, wanting to take advantage of others. I am proud to say I am not like you lowlifes."

Really, this is what you determined about them from their postings? Let's all try to act like adults and leave the name calling to the children.

I was just pointing out the fact it was selling cheaper now, I sure hope you weren't wanting to take advantage of a fellow cacher.

I am not the "price police" I am someone who shops around and do price checks before I buy and I also share my knowledge with others for free.

chrisandvern and Damin69 are no more then thieves in the night, wanting to take advantage of others. I am proud to say I am not like you lowlifes.

No Ray you are worse than any low life. Im sorry to say. So you have an opinion about what you think is a fair price. You know what. I am sorry you feel that eveyone should just give away something they paid alot more for and used lightly. I paid well over $300 for my 60 and threw in all the extras I had with it. I just feel that if you dont like what someone has for a price keep your nose out of it. Do you be an Class A JERK and walk up to a used car lot say I can get that cheaper down the road so you are a low life thief for trying to ask that price for it? Because that is what you are doing here. I will never sell anything here on this forum because of scum like you that do nothin but trash anyones sale that you dont agree with.

No Ray you are worse than any low life. Im sorry to say. So you have an opinion about what you think is a fair price. You know what. I am sorry you feel that eveyone should just give away something they paid alot more for and used lightly. I paid well over $300 for my 60 and threw in all the extras I had with it. I just feel that if you dont like what someone has for a price keep your nose out of it. Do you be an Class A JERK and walk up to a used car lot say I can get that cheaper down the road so you are a low life thief for trying to ask that price for it? Because that is what you are doing here. I will never sell anything here on this forum because of scum like you that do nothin but trash anyones sale that you dont agree with.

So what are you? <removed by moderator>

I didn't call you any names, but you sure did and that makes you <removed by moderator> and I don't even have to call you that, you proved it to everyone.

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

"I paid well over $300 for my 60 and threw in all the extras I had with it."

And it is my fault you are a sucker??

Hell I will sell you another one for $300 if you are that big of a sucker.

I shop around for a deal, I am not a sucker like you "SUCKER"

LMAO

:>)

So what are you? <removed by moderator>

I didn't call you any names, but you sure did and that makes you <removed by moderator> and I don't even have to call you that, you proved it to everyone.

Uh, you kind of did. :)

Edited by Keystone

This has gotten far too ugly for this forum. All this heat aside, I think it is a basic concept that if you find yourself in an unfortunate situation, i.e. you buy something that falls dramatically in price, that you lick your wounds and try not to transfer your misfortune to some unsuspecting soul. If you subscribe to the notion that "a sucker is born every minute" then so be it, but please don't brag about it. I can't help but wonder what "Vern" thinks of this. He looks like a really good dog.

Then do a search for it.

So Ray, how many did you buy from Cabelas?

Since you seem to think anyone selling the 60CSX for more than $219 are nothing more than thieves in the night, I guess that makes all these companies that sell it new, thieves in the night.

Walmart $299.54

Newegg $300.99

Amazon $299.00

Heck I guess that means since I found a Delorme PN-30 at REI for $164.95 Groundspeak is a thief in the night since they want $249.99 for a PN-30!

chrisandvern, you may now list your 60csx for whatever price you wish and rayt333 can no longer consider you a "thief in the night" or a "lowlife". All of the great deals at Cabela's, REI and Basspro are up and the units are back up to regular prices. Cabela's, REI and Basspro are now the lowlife thieves trying to take advantage of others. :laughing:

To think that all this vitriol started when a fellow geocacher simply pointed out that major retailers are selling the same unit new, at considerably lower prices is really depressing. I don't understand why Ray is the villain here. Ok, maybe his characterizations were a little over the top, but he's the one who was attacked (for doing a good thing).

Edited by Meckers

To think that all this vitriol started when a fellow geocacher simply pointed out that major retailers are selling the same unit new, at considerably lower prices is really depressing. I don't understand why Ray is the villain here. Ok, maybe his characterizations were a little over the top, but he's the one who was attacked (for doing a good thing).

I like it when people help me in finding the better deal and if ray333 can still sell it at the price he is asking then somebody must have gotten the best deal they could. With that said, its people like ray that have taught me to always compare prices and do my research before a buy. I know the last time I bought a car I did get them to go down in price.

This forum is a spot to post items for sale. A "fellow cacher" had an item for sale and posted it. That is the function of this forum. As many others had done when they saw that there was a great deal at some retailers, they posted a seperate thread enlightening our "fellow cachers" of it. When I saw this for sale posting I thought "good luck getting that price considering the sales going on" but never considered trying to stop him from selling it for that price by posting about a better price elsewhere. Will Ray now post on anyone's for sale thread a better price on Ebay if he finds one? It seems he has volunteered his services and I now expect that he will continue to "share my knowledge with others for free." :) Now that the sales are off, $260 is a pretty great price. Jumping on someone's for sale post saying that they are "wanting to take advantage of a fellow cacher" is just rude.

I like it when people help me in finding the better deal and if ray333 can still sell it at the price he is asking then somebody must have gotten the best deal they could. With that said, its people like ray that have taught me to always compare prices and do my research before a buy. I know the last time I bought a car I did get them to go down in price.

I agree. If I did not see the seperate threads showing the great sales I would never have known about them and would have missed getting my 60csx.

Ok, there's at least two forums guidelines being broken in here:

The first, from the main forum guidelines:

Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated.

The second, specifically from these forums:

This forum is intended only for personal selling or giving away of geocaching related items. No company or business postings/advertising are allowed.

Correcting the first, is obvious and at least two of you stepped over the line here.

The second refers to the posting of links to company sites to promote sales. Yes, we know that most of you are not being paid to advertise for companies, but Groundspeak prefers that business links are not posted. If you want to comment that you've seen a better deal at <Company X>, that's fine.

For the record, nobody did anything against the guidelines by coming into this thread to point that out. These boards are for sales, but they are not a vacuum. Discussions about why something is priced as it is certainly is "on topic" and allowed as long as the other guidelines are not broken.

So, an item is for sale here. Some think it's rude to point out that it can be found cheaper elsewhere. Some believe it's a community service to point it out. Neither is right - they are opinions and everybody is entitled to their own.

Let's carry on in a civilized manner please.

Thank you.

I am still looking for a gps. Would be happy with this one. For a buyer it is good to know the best price and I think there is nothing wrong with giving it here.

Name calling is wrong however.

I wish you good luck, TS. You will sell your GPS, no doubt about it. I can understand you want the best price possible for it, as does a seller. :laughing:

For now I wait until the 62 is on the market. The 60csx will be for sale in used condition for a price I can afford.

I am still looking for a gps. Would be happy with this one. For a buyer it is good to know the best price and I think there is nothing wrong with giving it here.

Name calling is wrong however.

I wish you good luck, TS. You will sell your GPS, no doubt about it. I can understand you want the best price possible for it, as does a seller. wink.gif

For now I wait until the 62 is on the market. The 60csx will be for sale in used condition for a price I can afford.

Wow,

I'm new to this forum and as a regular forum viewer if I was a moderator I would remove it. It shows how classless some people can be about other's belongings.

If a guy is asking a price so be it. It is the buyers job to price shop.

Who gives a rats behind.

The original post should remain but I believe the mods should remove all of the non legit comments. How embarrasing.

Wow,

I'm new to this forum and as a regular forum viewer if I was a moderator I would remove it. It shows how classless some people can be about other's belongings.

If a guy is asking a price so be it. It is the buyers job to price shop.

Who gives a rats behind.

The original post should remain but I believe the mods should remove all of the non legit comments. How embarrasing.

And that is "your" opinion which is your right to post, others have posted their opinions as well.

All I can say about it is " Who gives a rats behind"

Oh and it is "embarrassing", use spell check please

:>)

No Ray you are worse than any low life. Im sorry to say. So you have an opinion about what you think is a fair price. You know what. I am sorry you feel that eveyone should just give away something they paid alot more for and used lightly. I paid well over $300 for my 60 and threw in all the extras I had with it. I just feel that if you dont like what someone has for a price keep your nose out of it. Do you be an Class A JERK and walk up to a used car lot say I can get that cheaper down the road so you are a low life thief for trying to ask that price for it? Because that is what you are doing here. I will never sell anything here on this forum because of scum like you that do nothing but trash anyones sale that you dont agree with.

Damin,

a few weeks ago our jeep needed new brakes/rotors went to shop 'a' and was quoted close to $900 for everything...shopped around a few other places, and one place offered to do it for little over $400, so guess what we did go back to shop 'A' and told them we could get it done for cheaper and they came right down to the other shop's price.....so what is wrong with that?? Are we simply suppose to accept that $900.00 quote and pay it out?? NO! you shop around, I would go to a car dealer and share with them a lower price down the street and see how much they want the sale? I know at some point on an item on E-Bay if the price gets to a certain amount, guess what, I can go to Wal-MArt and get it for cheaper....so am i suppose to bid on that item, just because that is what is being offered??? I think you need to apologize to Ray, how very rude to call some one a jerk for simply sharing info! How about I sell my garmin e-trex legend for $1,000.00 and you buy it from me, simply because that is what I am asking, and don't you dare come back at me saying how you think you can buy one cheaper elsewhere.....see how silly that is....i hope so......Happy Caching to you & yours......

OMG are we done beating a dead horse???????????????????????????????????????????? This started back in May. Its old news.

Agreed. Was viewing this thread with my 10 year old son, and we were both suprised with the roller coaster ride that it went on with a simple For Sale posting.

Seems it could have been handled originally in a Private Message, and we both liked the Moderator's comments. Could have ended there.