Memorial Day Charity Ebay Auctions...

Odyssey Voyager

Hello again everyone. As Memorial Day approaches here in the United States (5/31/2010), I would like to do something in recognition of our men and women in uniform, and the duties they have performed in the past, and every day, throughout the world. On behalf of their dedicated service, in tribute to our wounded, and with the highest esteem for all our fallen soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice, I am holding several Memorial Day geocoin charity auctions at ebay to raise funds for a worthy cause. Please browse these auctions and bid on these trackable new geocoins if you can. 100% of the proceeds will go towards the CHILDREN OF FALLEN SOLDIERS fund. My sincere appreciation to all those that bid or browse these auctions. If you cannot bid on these geocoins, then take a moment to thank a soldier you may know or meet.

Feel free to link a Memorial Day geocoin charity auction or private charity sale or donation here at this thread.

Special thanks go out to geocachers "Maine Family" for donating one of these very awesome military geocoins.

Army Ebay Auction Link

Air Force Ebay Auction Link

Navy Ebay Auction Link

Firefighter Memorial Ebay Auction Link

As the child of a fallen US Army soldier, I just had to place a bid on the Army geocoin auction. My father (a helicopter pilot in Vietnam) never made it back to us from a 'training' mission in country, so this really hits close to home for me.

And I would like to offer a personal Thank You for doing this awesome work, and for donating to help the children of our fallen.

I just wish that there would have been more help for our fallen soldiers back when my family needed it. My mother ended up raising five children (including yours truly) all by herself, put herself through college and bought a house with only her VA widows benefits and some help from her family. In the end, we all turned out just fine though...

Thanks again for doing this great deed, and for reminding us all that Memorial Day is NOT just a day off from work to BBQ or travel. It does have a very serious meaning behind it and we should all thank a soldier or the family members of a fallen soldier for their sacrifices for our freedoms!

And I would like to offer a personal Thank You for doing this awesome work, and for donating to help the children of our fallen.

Sir, it is I who should be thanking you, and your family, for what you all have given this country through your tragic sacrifice. My condolences. I can not begin to imagine what it must be like for a family to suffer such a loss. Thank you for sharing and for making this Memorial Day much more personal to me and to everyone that reads this thread as we honor the life of your father. Peace.

I am pleased to announce that the Memorial Day Charity Geocoin Auctions have raised over $75.00 dollars to benefit the children and spouses of fallen American Soldiers during the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars. Thank you to all forum members that browsed the auctions and bid on the geocoins. Congratulations to the winning bidders, I hope you all cherish these beautiful geocoins and the memory associated with them. Once again, a sincere "thanks!" goes out to geocachers: "Maine Family" for their "pay it forward" geocoin donation gift to me. I hope they are pleased with my decision to "pay it forward" on this Memorial Day. I will personally add $25.00 to the donation total raised to bring the amount raised to an even $100.00. Its not much, but sometimes its the thought the counts.

Finally, I would like to say "Thank You" and give a Salute to all our men and women in uniform and those who have served in the past for their dedicated and loyal service. To those American Soldiers that have been injured, and to the family of those that have paid the ultimate price, please know that your sacrifices will not be forgotten. Bless you and Godspeed.

"...and the Home of the Brave." For without Them, there would be no "Land of the Free..." Peace.

Edited by Odyssey Voyager