Can you show me pictures of your signature items?

sigitem2.jpg

What's this? Could it really be the Immortal Cthulhu???

They all look fantastic, but this one is my favorite :)

Glad you like them, I am also thinking of doing personalized ones, although not with these designs if anyones interested.

Edited by jpbarr
There's inkjet printable Shrinky Dink for those of us less artistically inclined.

http://www.goestores.com/catalog.aspx?storename=shrinkydinks&DeptID=34365&ItemID=4190137&detail=1

US$30 to ship ONE PACK of this to New Zealand! :yikes: I think I'll stick with custom fridge magnets...

If you invite me to New Zealand, I'd happily carry a few packs for you free :)

If you can find a local (or nearby - Australia / Asia) source it might be cheaper.

If not, maybe these guys will ship to NZ for less. That's where I bought mine from : linky

Edit : that's a lot of ifs...

(I'd love to go to NZ someday soon... it's more about the lack of time than anything else)

Edited by Chrysalides

Ooh! My new sig item just arrived from the printers today! A bunch of printed business-card sized fridge magnets:

geocache-card2.jpg

Might be dropping a couple off in the Boston area in December (LISA'11); otherwise you'll most likely have to come to New Zealand to see any.

Edited by sshipway

I'm still making my magnets, but they take SO LONG to make that I really need to space out where I leave them. Last week I was making jewelry with my cousins and realized I could leave earrings at some of the other caches:

IMG_3918e.jpg

img_4041.jpg

Do you think these would still count as "signature" pieces since the items themselves don't have my name on them? Just curious about your opinion. :)

Follow the Paws! http://purplecatpaws.wordpress.com

Do you think these would still count as "signature" pieces since the items themselves don't have my name on them? Just curious about your opinion. :)
Absolutely. There are a number of sig items in my collection that don't have the geocacher's name on them. Many are in bags with a slip of paper that explains their origin (like yours). A few don't even have that.

I too am a cacher/mailler. I also leave a handmade maille sig item in caches. Mine are keychains made in the euro 4-1 pattern in the GC logo colors.

Kabuthunk I think I recognize your nick from a couple maille forums I belong to. Here is a pic of my sig item which is also my geocaching avatar here and on MiGO. This pic is of my first prototype. The final design is a bit more streamlined.

GCAvatar.gif

Here is a pic of the many keychains that will be making there way into caches I visit.

GCSWAG.jpg

Have a great summer and happy hunting!

I too am a cacher/mailler. I also leave a handmade maille sig item in caches. Mine are keychains made in the euro 4-1 pattern in the GC logo colors.

Kabuthunk I think I recognize your nick from a couple maille forums I belong to. Here is a pic of my sig item which is also my geocaching avatar here and on MiGO. This pic is of my first prototype. The final design is a bit more streamlined.

GCAvatar.gif

Here is a pic of the many keychains that will be making there way into caches I visit.

GCSWAG.jpg

Steellord, those are awesome! I don't think we've found any sig items that are cool like the ones I've seen posted here. Mostly just cards and such. We are now leaving beaded keychains with a Lucky Duck charm at the end. I haven't taken any pics to add. But will try and do so soon.

GCAvatar.gif

GCSWAG.jpg

Beautiful!!!

GCAvatar.gif

GCSWAG.jpg

Those are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing! Very nice.

Fairly new to caching and i was just thinking the other day that it would be cool to have a signature item for caches. I already take some pics with my "mosaic" frog in them. Figure a signature item isnt a far leap from that. It's just figuring out what to do for the item. haha.

Love a lot of these ones posted!

Welcome Tadpole, and Good Luck!

A BIG THANKS to everyone for sharing their photos and their creativity.

This is what I WAS leaving behind, but now I see it as pretty lame compared

to the great ideas discussed here. They are stamped onto craft wooden blanks. Front and reverse shown.

I'm thinking now that I like the

shrink plastic idea. They come out pretty cool!

GeoCoin.jpg

I have one of these!

The Wagners started Geocaching three short months ago and we're hooked!

Here is our first signature item we started putting out:

f803264c-6958-45a2-95e9-b3e9cd9afd4c.jpg

While cool, they're difficult and not cost effective to do in large quantities and they don't have much detail.

Right now, these are the three signature items we carry around. Usually we'll place one or more(sometimes all 3!) in a cache.

Our custom wooden nickel which I personally stamp both sides and seal:

eaced948-2ba7-4c2c-ab03-f59689d5d117.jpg

My wife's sentimental seashells in a glass bottle. They are completely handmade(or rather assembled from different purchased items). The card has a printed image on one side and one of our stamps on the other:

d8fc9bbf-9992-4f8b-b26d-3c46327394ab.jpg

And my I-Ching coin lucky token with laminated card explaining the lore behind the coins in Chinese culture. While I don't personally prescribe to the belief behind the token, I've always liked the foreign coins and thought others would too:

Front:

59ae8150-854a-4305-932f-5c082dc3a7eb.jpg

Back:

b8c6d406-9385-44fe-8b41-46133d26831b.jpg

c383f4fc-c0e8-4777-bf81-5a981a78173b.jpg

I made a batch of these bottle cap signature items a while ago and I have had some good comments about them. The idea came from Renzotobias who has a blog with lots of ideas for cool swag. I printed the inserts and laminated them before adding "water-clear" resin. My cache name came from the Hobgoblin beer, so it was the obvious choice for me.

You may notice the brewery have changed the design, and now I am no longer the "the legendary" Hobgoblin. However the beer is still tastes good!

Heeeey, I saw that blog a long time ago. It actually got me into making resin jewelry and magnets. Maybe I'll turn it into sig swag. I just don't really know how to make my own picture. Love your caps!

I'm loving EVERYONE'S sig items! I've only ever found a few, but I take 'em. I like these little pieces of art. Keep it up!

Weird, I just posted about this in another thread, but here's ours. All it takes is hitting up a local bar for bottle caps, a 1 inch round hole punch, some dollar store glitter glue, and some clear easy cast casting expoxy/resin from any craft store:

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0023.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

LOVE! Are they magnets, too?? I might have to start doing this again.

Does everyone put their items into special caches or any, ol' cache??

I am SO excited to have found this thread!! I also feel rather foolish; my father got me into Geocaching and I just started off with my own account. I actually thought I had come up with an original idea of leaving...handmade items. Surprise! My eyes have been opened to yet another community that's out there: Crafty Cachers! I have been looking at forums that talk about "signature items" for hours now and I could not be more thrilled!! :D (I also now have a long list of folks whose work I want to find!)

One of the reasons I've been lurking on the forums was to find answers to some of questions before writing my own posts. I'm so happy to say that I have found those answers in this thread. I didn't know if it was "good form" to included a blog address either on the signature item or in a forum signature. It would appear that it is not only okay but encouraged. (I was worried that it would seem self-promoting, but since it's non-commercial it is really just sharing.)

I am going to try and upload a pic of my first four pieces. My idea was to finally use some of my craft supplies to create tiny collages. I laminated them with magnets on the back so they can easily be displayed. I put each in a tiny zip lock bag and will include a piece of paper with my user name and blog address. (Does that sound okay?) I am crossing all my fingers and toes that folks who find them might visit my blog (created just for this project) and let me know if they took/moved them. I'm not assigning tracking numbers or anything really formal. I just want to "release them to the wind" and see what happens. :)

set1squarecopy.jpg

REALLY beautiful! LOVE!

The kids picked Team Pixos as our name. Pixos are a kids toy that you can make shapes with. We leave them in every cache. Keeps them out from underfoot of mom too!

Hey, one thing to consider about Pixos--if they get wet, they get sticky! If you are making shapes with them and leaving them in caches, and the inside of the cache gets wet, those shapes will likely fall apart and/or the little beads will stick to other stuff in the cache. Be sure to put whatever you leave made of Pixos in individual baggies to protect the item, and the rest of the cache contents.

The kids picked Team Pixos as our name. Pixos are a kids toy that you can make shapes with. We leave them in every cache. Keeps them out from underfoot of mom too!

Thanks for the tip.

Hey, one thing to consider about Pixos--if they get wet, they get sticky! If you are making shapes with them and leaving them in caches, and the inside of the cache gets wet, those shapes will likely fall apart and/or the little beads will stick to other stuff in the cache. Be sure to put whatever you leave made of Pixos in individual baggies to protect the item, and the rest of the cache contents.

So here are my most resent sig items.

New%20set%202.jpgNew%20set%203.jpgIMG284.jpgIMG299(1).jpgIMG301.jpg

As well as leaving these in caches I have had a lot of success trading them too. Mostly for geocoins :)

Let me know if you are interested. All of these designs can be personalised with your own caching name or other words (as longa as they fit:) )

Since Mr.Hofy has been on a pirate theme since we started Geocaching, we came up with this idea. World coins in a little zip bag and a label (that is also on the inside of the bag.) We leave them as our signature item and they can be used as swag or just collected as a gift from us.

coin.jpg

Since Mr.Hofy has been on a pirate theme since we started Geocaching, we came up with this idea. World coins in a little zip bag and a label (that is also on the inside of the bag.) We leave them as our signature item and they can be used as swag or just collected as a gift from us...

Great idea! :grin:

I know this thread is beyond dead, but I will post anyway.

I don't have a camera handy at the moment, but I use (in all caches that they will fit in), a standard black poker chip. No engraving or anything like that. When I run out of black, I will switch to blue, then green, then white... And then buy another poker chip set :) Sadly, that's a long way to go (only at 7 finds (and only 3 of those were big enough)...). I would love to do other things in the future though, the clay coins are awesome, as are the business cards.

Ah, that's where this thread is. I didn't realize it had been moved to the Photography ghetto.

Anyway, earlier in the thread, I had posted a link to a sigitem site that no longer exists. But here's a photo showing various incarnations of my personal signature tokens:

1cb87341-e4a5-4b10-b696-8cbc5121b638_l.jpg

I'm running out of the current version (the rectangular ones), so I'll have to come up with a new one to add to the set soon.

Ah, that's where this thread is. I didn't realize it had been moved to the Photography ghetto.

Anyway, earlier in the thread, I had posted a link to a sigitem site that no longer exists. But here's a photo showing various incarnations of my personal signature tokens:

1cb87341-e4a5-4b10-b696-8cbc5121b638_l.jpg

I'm running out of the current version (the rectangular ones), so I'll have to come up with a new one to add to the set soon.

Nice.

You should come here more often. Although it doesn't get as much traffic as some of the other forums it still gets more than a lot of regional forum ghettos.

You should come here more often. Although it doesn't get as much traffic as some of the other forums it still gets more than a lot of regional forum ghettos.
Thanks. I finally added the "Geocaching and..." section to my list of forums to monitor, but I think it's absurd that any thread that features photos gets treated as a "photography" thread even when it is about the subject of the photos (signature items, in this case) rather than about the photos themselves.

Here's what I've been dropping in caches when I can. They are shrink art printed with my computer. I'd like to say I collect others' sig items, but as yet I've found only one, and I lost it. :unsure: I keep looking tho!

803c9573-acd2-4322-8353-ca69761ad4e2.jpg

Guiles

Guiles can you give some info on how you make these? Do I just make a design in say Publisher then print it on shrink paper? What kind of paper is best, how many can you make out of one sheet?

Thanks