Carnation WA Peace Geocoin

SUCKERISH

As GW8 will pretty much be in my backyard this year, I thought I'd design a coin to celebrate the event in Carnation Washington. If there is interest in the coin, I will place an order and will have the coin available for pick up at GW8 or will mail out to those who cannot attend the event in person.

Details: I'm thinking of doing 3 metals - Antique Silver, Nickel, and Gold.

Trackable? Of course!!

Price - $12.00

The front side of the coin will have rainbow glitter, and an area with a strong magnet for your GW pathtag. I do plan on having one of my pathtags included with the coin. (The pathtag will be a surprise design)

The reverse shows Mt Rainier and the Seattle Space Needle, set in 3D, with a field and river both done in translucent colors. The sky is also translucent.

I need to place the order in the next few days to ensure delivery before the GW8 event.

If you are interested in a reservation, please email me - geocoinsbysuckerish@hotmail.com Let me know:

Metal(s)

Quantity

contact email

Geocaching name

Here's the blueprint:

CarnationWAPTTravelerGeocoin.jpg

Thanks for looking at my post and for any feedback you have on the coin. I hope to meet many of you at GW8 this year.

Tambe aka Suckerish

:) Is it me or confused as it is backwards?

I figured the 3D side would have the State going West to East, not East to West, while the Trackable information would be on the Backside. ;)

Interesting. I can have the sides swapped - I'll see if I can get the blueprint that way too.

As GW8 will pretty much be in my backyard this year, I thought I'd design a coin to celebrate the event in Carnation Washington. If there is interest in the coin, I will place an order and will have the coin available for pick up at GW8 or will mail out to those who cannot attend the event in person. I will ship outside of the U.S. too.

Details: I'm thinking of doing 3 metals - Antique Silver, Nickel, and Gold.

Trackable? Of course!!

Price - $12.00

The face shows Mt Rainier and the Seattle Space Needle, set in 3D, with a field and river both done in translucent colors. The sky will be a solid blue.

The reverse side of the coin will have rainbow glitter, and an area with a strong magnet for your GW pathtag. I do plan on having one of my pathtags included with the coin. (The pathtag will be a surprise design)

I need to place the order in the next few days to ensure delivery before the GW8 event.

If you are interested in a reservation, please email me - geocoinsbysuckerish@hotmail.com Let me know:

Metal(s)

Quantity

contact email

Geocaching name

Here's the blueprint (I took MtnMutt's feedback and swapped the sides) There are minor tweaks still to be done on this version - the letters in Carnation will be moved closer, and the sky will not be translucent - they were not able to do that based on the enamel need. It will be a solid blue.

CarnationPeaceCoinFinal.jpg

Thanks for looking at my post and for any feedback you have on the coin. I hope to meet many of you at GW8 this year.

Tambe aka Suckerish

This looks very nice but the Space Needle is on the other side of the state ~ west side which would also make it on th eproper side of Mt Rainier . . . :drama:

Yes, I totally agree. This is why I originally had the Mtn on the reverse side. The needle won't fit too well on the West side with this version. Which is preferred????? Mt Raineer on reverse with Needle on West side, but state is backwards, or Mt Raineer on face with Needle on East side, but with state correct direction? I am placing the order tomorrow. Any feedback is appreciated :-)

This looks very nice but the Space Needle is on the other side of the state ~ west side which would also make it on th eproper side of Mt Rainier . . . :drama:

Yes, I totally agree. This is why I originally had the Mtn on the reverse side. The needle won't fit too well on the West side with this version. Which is preferred????? Mt Raineer on reverse with Needle on West side, but state is backwards, or Mt Raineer on face with Needle on East side, but with state correct direction? I am placing the order tomorrow. Any feedback is appreciated :-)

This may not be doable, but since the Space Needle is 3D - can it just stick out above the state? You'd also see the top of the SN sticking above the other side too - that could be cool.

I just like the idea of the state side with the mountain correctly facing the right direction and being topographically correct with the needle on the left side where Seattle is. :laughing:

This may not be doable, but since the Space Needle is 3D - can it just stick out above the state? You'd also see the top of the SN sticking above the other side too - that could be cool.

I just like the idea of the state side with the mountain correctly facing the right direction and being topographically correct with the needle on the left side where Seattle is. :laughing:

That would have been awesome! But I'm out of time now to make changes :-(

I guess for me it comes down to 'what is the front of the coin'.

And I'm perfectly good with the original design of the 3D mountains and space needle on the 'back' of the coin, since it's a pathtag carrier for GW, the GW themed 'front' with the pathtag makes sense.

Don't get me wrong, I like the second art too, but I think having the Needle on the wrong side of the state actually gets to me more than having it on the 'back' of the state.

Just my 2 cents.

I'll be getting some either way, since I am fond of Washington coins, and pathtag carriers both.

I'm not sure I'm getting this.

The original blueprint showed the magnet and tracking number on the front side and the 3D art on the back. The adjustment flipped the 3D art horizontally to get it on the front side throwing off the proper orientation of the landmarks. If any art has to be flipped horizontally to make the front and back fit why not do it to the side where the art orientation does not matter.... the magnet side?

As I said maybe I'm not getting this... I mean, when you have the coin in hand can you tell the front from the back without looking? Does the artwork really have to be altered if it's front or back? I'm just wondering as I don't know these things.

I took the liberty of altering the blueprint without touching the artwork.... Can this work?

Frontside_backsideflip.jpg

Edited by Droo

I'm not sure I'm getting this.

The original blueprint showed the magnet and tracking number on the front side and the 3D art on the back. The adjustment flipped the 3D art horizontally to get it on the front side throwing off the proper orientation of the landmarks. If any art has to be flipped horizontally to make the front and back fit why not do it to the side where the art orientation does not matter.... the magnet side?

As I said maybe I'm not getting this... I mean, when you have the coin in hand can you tell the front from the back without looking? Does the artwork really have to be altered if it's front or back? I'm just wondering as I don't know these things.

I took the liberty of altering the blueprint without touching the artwork.... Can this work?

Frontside_backsideflip.jpg

The comment on this version was that the state direction was the wrong way, for the mountain side. Personally, I prefer the Space Needle being on the left side, and don't mind the state being 'backwards' I'm confirming with the mint today, and plan to go with the artwork posted in the first post. Appreciate all the input and comments!

The comment on this version was that the state direction was the wrong way, for the mountain side. Personally, I prefer the Space Needle being on the left side, and don't mind the state being 'backwards' I'm confirming with the mint today, and plan to go with the artwork posted in the first post. Appreciate all the input and comments!

Ah, see? I wasn't seeing the forest for the trees..... it went swooshing over my head that the State of WA had the Sound on the wrong side of the coin in relation to the Space Needle, no matter how it was oriented. :drama: Doh!

Ah, see? I wasn't seeing the forest for the trees..... it went swooshing over my head that the State of WA had the Sound on the wrong side of the coin in relation to the Space Needle, no matter how it was oriented. :blink: Doh!

Here's the scoop - I worked with the mint and hopefully will have the final artwork tomorrow. The change will incorporate everyones feedback - including ThePetersTrio's idea for the Space Needle sticking up just above the NW corner of the state - so, directions, landmarks, etc should be in place. I'll post the new blueprint as soon as I have it.

Here is the final blueprint. The glitter side doesn't show the space needle outline raised above the state, but it will be there, and filled with the glitter. Thank you for all your feedback!

6N-02697A01-1.jpg

I have also placed the order for the pathtag that I am going to give away with this coin. I'll post that artwork once it's approved.

I will also have 50 Limited Edition coins in Antique Copper. Some will be available as first come first serve purchase options at the event. (I'm not taking reservations for these). Some will be used as raffle prizes - anyone who stops by to say hi can enter the raffle and win one of the LE coins. Everyone who purchases a coin is automatically entered into the raffle.

I'm really looking forward to the event and meeting everyone!

Here is the final artwork, including the pathtag I'm giving away with this geocoin:

WashingtonPeaceGeocoin.png

Also, I have minted 50 LE Antique Copper coins. I will being doing a raffle throughout the day at GW8. Everyone who purchases a coin will be entered into the raffle.

Those who just stop by and meet me at the event can enter too, and you don't have to be present to win.

Minting quantities: 150 of each Antique Silver, Antique Gold, and Satin Nickel. 50 of the Antique Copper. The geocoin will also have a unique icon.

BIG THANK YOU to everyone who purchased the coin, commented on it, or just stopped by to say hi at GW8!!

Here are the actual photos of the coin. I have several still available.

Satin Nickel

SATINNICKEL.jpg

Antique Gold

ANTGOLD.jpg

Antique Silver

ANTSILVER.jpg

Reverse

REVERSE.jpg

Here are the lucky winners of the random drawings for an LE Copper Version:

GlassQuilt

Renne Newell

Lusciousleeta

Hike A Photo

NepoKama

Thanks to all who entered!

Edited by SUCKERISH

Hello SUCKERISH,

if you still have some available, I would like to buy a antique gold one. Is this still possible and what should I do to get it?

Hi - just send me an email at geocoinsbysuckerish@hotmail.com, or contact me thru my Geocaching profile, Suckerish. I have a gold just for you