Otterbox is a great company. Great customer service.

Just getting back into caching.

On getting out the old otterbox 1900 (that has protected my delicate ppc for over 5 years in all sorts of stupid situations) I found that the rubber had degraded and the hard screen protector would not seat correctly anymore.

Now this unit owes us nothing, it has been worth every penny so I opted to just buy a new one.

Only to find they no longer sell the 1900.

I contacted otterbox asking why they no longer stocked them and apparently they have a newer/slimmer model.

I explained my situation and the guy just said ' no problem we will replace the entire unit' :rolleyes:

I am that impressed with this level of customer service that I will be buying the new version of the case.

So if you need to protect any delicate electronics out in the field.

Have a look a the otterbox brand, great products, great customer service, great warranties, great value.

Mick

Just getting back into caching.

On getting out the old otterbox 1900 (that has protected my delicate ppc for over 5 years in all sorts of stupid situations) I found that the rubber had degraded and the hard screen protector would not seat correctly anymore.

Now this unit owes us nothing, it has been worth every penny so I opted to just buy a new one.

Only to find they no longer sell the 1900.

I contacted otterbox asking why they no longer stocked them and apparently they have a newer/slimmer model.

I explained my situation and the guy just said ' no problem we will replace the entire unit' :)

I am that impressed with this level of customer service that I will be buying the new version of the case.

So if you need to protect any delicate electronics out in the field.

Have a look a the otterbox brand, great products, great customer service, great warranties, great value.

Mick

Anyone interested in one see my post in the car boot thread

I can not vouch for otter box service, but I have been using otter box since I started paperless caching.

It has been a really handy piece of kit in all weathers and even a clumsy oaf like me has been unable to break, lose or drown his PDA (so far).

I can not vouch for otter box service, but I have been using otter box since I started paperless caching.

It has been a really handy piece of kit in all weathers and even a clumsy oaf like me has been unable to break, lose or drown his PDA (so far).

Yes they are great pieces of kit.

I found it astounding that a company producing astounding kit didn't make a production run of replaceable spares before ceasing production of the unit. Or at least having records of last supplies issued to stockists.

Luckily I found spares very locally but often these very small parts are not advertised.

Many reputable companies keep or will make parts for previous models, Otterbox failed in this respect. :)