Vancouver BC, trail series!

acadianduo

Hey!

My boyfriend and I are wanting to go out this weekend and do a LOT of caching. We know there is a series in Burnaby Lake (around 53 caches) and was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions of good parks/trails to try!

Any help would be great!!!!!

*The Acadianduo

Campbell Valley Park in South Langley is a great area to spend a day or two caching. I think I counted 30 caches in the park itself not counting mysteries. Plus there are hundreds in the surrounding area. Parking is available on 16th Ave, 208th St, or 8th Ave.

One of my favorites was Campbell Valley Surprise

If you decide to come out this way to play for the day definitely hit the beach in White Rock (just follow 8th Ave until you find the ocean) for some fish and chips, I recommend Moby Dicks, and do couple of caches until dark.

Once the lights go out an absolute must do is Path of Illumination. This is one of the best caches I have seen as you can see from all the rave reviews, so bring a flash light.

Have fun.

WCoaster

Hey!

My boyfriend and I are wanting to go out this weekend and do a LOT of caching. We know there is a series in Burnaby Lake (around 53 caches) and was just wondering if anyone had any other suggestions of good parks/trails to try!

Any help would be great!!!!!

*The Acadianduo

Can you tell me the name of the Burnaby series?

Can you tell me the name of the Burnaby series?

This is the 'Cache Shrink' series. My co-cacher owner and I would more describe its a power walk, than a power trail, as that has generally been a series of closely placed drive up caches. For the the most part, this series is all walking, with only a few caches easily reachable by car. Only a handful of the caches are not on the circular trail around the lake, but are on side trails, or in nearby sporting facilities etc. Every cache has a detailed hint, which we encourage people to use. The trails are pretty much flat, easy walking in forest and marsh area, on boardwalks etc. There are a lot of bird-watchers in the park, and it is a popular jogging route (as many cachers waiting for breaks in the runners will attest too!).

There are 54 caches around or near the lake for about 15KM (less if you stick with the main lake area).

It takes about 7-10 hours, depending on the choices you make, routes picked, if you hop back in the car, move, do some more from different parking area.

Each cache is a made up Caching Disease, described by Dr. Sigmond Fraud. :laughing: