Looking for guidance

CanDMan47

I have been visiting a lot of EC along my route recently. I have enjoyed them more than I actually thought I would. I have met all the requirements and am a Bronze Level Master. I'm looking forward to becoming a Silver Level and placing my first, I have all the finds necessary. This is where my question starts. Most of the ECs (that I have been to anyways) in my area are water related, so I haven't seen many land based. Would an esker be an appropriate location, and I think my requirements would be to measure the elevation at the top and another lower point. Would these be considered appropriate for an EC? Any help would be useful.

Thanks

I have been visiting a lot of EC along my route recently. I have enjoyed them more than I actually thought I would. I have met all the requirements and am a Bronze Level Master. I'm looking forward to becoming a Silver Level and placing my first, I have all the finds necessary. This is where my question starts. Most of the ECs (that I have been to anyways) in my area are water related, so I haven't seen many land based. Would an esker be an appropriate location, and I think my requirements would be to measure the elevation at the top and another lower point. Would these be considered appropriate for an EC? Any help would be useful.

Thanks

An esker seems like a great EC to me; and I bet there are a bunch already out there. You could check out what others have done with them to perhaps get some ideas.

All eskers generally have a few things in common - 1) morphology: they are generally small hills that are elongated and sinuous in shape; 2) material: they are made up of unconsolidated gravel, sand, & mud, not bedrock; and 3) origin: they are glacial deposits. As to the activity you have your finders do, perhaps you could have them do something or ask them a question related to #1 and/or #2, and I would definitely recommend to try and get them to think about #3.