Pocket Query to zip now

I have set up "pocket query" each week I receive my pocket query via emill in a zip format. this works fine. no problem.

here is my question: I have set up pocket query and I would like to to convert to a zip file now so I can download it now to my GSAK and not wait for the next email. How do I do this?

thanks,

Jeff

I am having a little trouble understanding myself but if what you want to do is run the PQ now and not wait for the weekly then open it. Click todays day of the week and then submit it. After you get it you will have to go back in and set it for the day of week you want the regular one on.

To avoid this you could set up two identical PQ's one for the weekly and one that you can go in and run on that day and click the unckeck after running and it won't run again.

Live just up the hill from you. need to get down there and bike around.

I have set up "pocket query" each week I receive my pocket query via emill in a zip format. this works fine. no problem.

here is my question: I have set up pocket query and I would like to to convert to a zip file now so I can download it now to my GSAK and not wait for the next email. How do I do this?

thanks,

Jeff

OK, let me see if I understand what you are saying...

First off, you have setup a PQ and you have it scheduled to run once a week. Most likely you have a day of the week checked and it runs every week on that day.

Now, you are trying to setup another PQ and you want it to run "now." This second PQ could be the same one as above, or it could just be a "copy of..." that PQ from above. First thing to note is that if you check the box for any week day, then your PQ will try to run on that day. If the day you check is today, then it will try to run it as soon as possible (for me it usually happens within about 5 minutes). The second key thing to know is that a PQ can only be run once a day. This means that if your PQ was run at 2:00am by the regular schedule, then it can not run again until the next day (in the Pacific time zone no less). If you want to re-run a PQ that had already run today, you would have to make a new copy of that PQ and schedule the copy to run.

As others have said, if you just want to re-run the PQ you already have, just go check the checkbox for today's day of the week and it should run within a short time (unless its already run today that is).

I dont set up my PQ's for any automatic emails on a specific day. (No days checked)

But when I want to run it today before I go caching (or the night before I go) I just go to my list of PQs (using the My Pocket Queries link on my profile) and hit the link of the specific PQ I want to run (of my 10 PQs listed) so it shows me all the details . If I want to change any specifics I can.

Then I check ther box for todays day of the week and tell it to UNCHECK the day after its run and then have it run and its sends me the ZIP file in < 5 mins in my inbox and I Unzip the file and transfer the gpx file to my GPS

Easiest way and then I dont have to worry about waiting for it to be available to be run 24 hrs later

See if this way helps you out

thanks,

Jeff