GPS names in GPX folder

I am using a Oregon 400t. As my transfer agent I use EasyGPS. When I plug in to the computer to manage my caches is there any way to show cache names instead of cache codes in the GPX folder?

The title for this post should read Cache names in GPX folder.

Edited by silvertop1

I am using a Oregon 400t. As my transfer agent I use EasyGPS. When I plug in to the computer to manage my caches is there any way to show cache names instead of cache codes in the GPX folder?

As I understand it you are transferring your pocket query by way of opening the GPX file in EasyGPS then using its menus to 'send' the caches from that GPX to your unit.

Is there a reason you use EasyGPS versus just dropping the file into the x:\garmin\gpx folder?

The unit has a limit of 200 GPX files, but the limit for number of Geocaches is 2000.

I guess my point is: Just drop your pocket query GPX files into the GPX folder on your unit. Make sure you include a 'myfinds' query to filter out those you have found and your good to go.

Just over write those old files when you refresh or re-run the pocket query later. Your pocket query files will always have the same number for the file name so you don't have to worry about having multiple copies of the same query. You could also use recognizable names of the query by renaming them. I've been known to rename mine things like "small-large-regional-40miles-732461.gpx" or "all-micros-20miles-from-home-566742.gpx". I leave the original number that was assigned, but just add the description part using -'s instead of spaces for the descriptive part.

To the OP, use Pocket Queries instead of downloading the individual caches.

With the new Pocket Query system, you can have the Pocket Query name included in the Pocket Query file name.

And as noted above, you don't need to use Easy GPS, just copy the GPX files directly to the GPX folder and you are ready to go.

To the OP, use Pocket Queries instead of downloading the individual caches.

With the new Pocket Query system, you can have the Pocket Query name included in the Pocket Query file name.

And as noted above, you don't need to use Easy GPS, just copy the GPX files directly to the GPX folder and you are ready to go.

I very seldom use Pocket Query. I understand the advantages, but for me I would rather load caches off Geocaching.com one at a time. I really do not use EasyGps except for a quick way to open up a icon in the GPX folder to see the name so I can delete it. I can remember the cache names that I have found when I see them, but not the codes. I understand that I can only load 200 gpx files and that a pocket query only counts as one file. I just have no reason to load more than 200 caches at this time. It is possible that what I am asking can not be done the way I am trying to do it. I just would like to open the GPX file and see cache name and not cache codes. Thanks for your help.