Lost interest when GSAK quit working

Okay everyone i was REALLY in to Geocaching until early last year when GSAK suddenly stopped working for me. I did not change equipment and don't remember doing anything to the computer but suddenly I could no longer load info on to my treo 755P nor will it load directly on to the GPS'r. When I try to load on to the GPS I get a window that says "label1" and a progress bar that just keeps filling over and over again but it never actually loads on to the unit. When I try to load info on to the phone it tells me the database is not recognized. When I talked to the guys from GSAK they suggested a complete uninstall and reinstall which I did several times and this didn't help at all. I still get the same errors. Any suggestions, maybe a new program I could switch to just to work around my problems. I have a GPSmap 60Cx by the way and I hate the POI downloader because the caches don't show up as geocaches so maybe a way to use that would fix half the problem but I still need to get the info loaded on to my treo. I've been out of the game for over a year so I'm hoping there may be some new inovations you can tell me about.

Thanks

Hayndo

Hoping to be sniffing out some cache again soon.

Okay everyone i was REALLY in to Geocaching until early last year when GSAK suddenly stopped working for me. I did not change equipment and don't remember doing anything to the computer but suddenly I could no longer load info on to my treo 755P nor will it load directly on to the GPS'r. When I try to load on to the GPS I get a window that says "label1" and a progress bar that just keeps filling over and over again but it never actually loads on to the unit. When I try to load info on to the phone it tells me the database is not recognized. When I talked to the guys from GSAK they suggested a complete uninstall and reinstall which I did several times and this didn't help at all. I still get the same errors. Any suggestions, maybe a new program I could switch to just to work around my problems. I have a GPSmap 60Cx by the way and I hate the POI downloader because the caches don't show up as geocaches so maybe a way to use that would fix half the problem but I still need to get the info loaded on to my treo. I've been out of the game for over a year so I'm hoping there may be some new inovations you can tell me about.

Thanks

Hayndo

Hoping to be sniffing out some cache again soon.

The biggest innovation I can think of is post this on the GSAK website. Kai Team, Lignumaqua or Clyde will get you going in no time.

I like GSAK, but I certainly wouldn't quit geocaching if it suddenly disappeared. I cached for years without it (and with an etrex legend...)

Even when using GSAK and a 60cx, I never bothered with the POI loader. Too much trouble, 1000 waypoints seemed enough for me.

Try easy GPS maybe? It is free, takes only a couple minutes to download. No fancy options, caches will simply be listed by complete GC codes, but it is easy to use, as the name says.

Complete uninstalls don't always work! They still leave traces in your registry. The only way to do a complete uninstall is to manually delete them.

BE WARNED: The registry's control everything necessary for the computer to run, make sure you know what you are doing, and exactly where the registry's were installed too. You could always download Glary Utilities http://www.glaryutilities.com/ but there is no guarantee that it will pick up any or all of the registry's...

I am moving this thread from the Geocaching Topics forum to the GPS and Technology forum.

Also, it looks like you got a good answer in your recent post to the GSAK Forum. That is really the best place for this commercial program's support questions. The experts there are quite helpful.