Is it considered proper etiquette?

pamlicojack

If a cache that you've already found now has a geocoin inside it, is it in bad taste to retreive it and move it along even though it's been months since I last went there? It has a set of instructions that I could help fulfill by moving it along on a trip I have planned in a couple weeks...

If a cache that you've already found now has a geocoin inside it, is it in bad taste to retreive it and move it along even though it's been months since I last went there? It has a set of instructions that I could help fulfill by moving it along on a trip I have planned in a couple weeks...

If you can help it along its journey, feel free to revisit and retrieve the coin. Just don't relog the cache as a "found" - you can post a note if you want to let folks know you revisited and retrieved the coin.

When logging the coin, you may wish to let the coin's owner know of your plans to take it on a trip. They'll probably be happy to hear it. :laughing:

If you can help it along its journey, feel free to revisit and retrieve the coin. Just don't relog the cache as a "found" - you can post a note if you want to let folks know you revisited and retrieved the coin.

i don't know if its been discussed in the other areas of the geocache forum, but i personally feel that a note should be written EVERY time a cache is revisited. especially if the geocacher is retrieving a trackable from the cache. its rather disconcerting when trackables just magically "appear" in someones inventory, and then "reappear" in another location with no record at all of how it got from point "A" to point "B". does anyone else feel the same way about this issue?! :laughing:

i don't know if its been discussed in the other areas of the geocache forum, but i personally feel that a note should be written EVERY time a cache is revisited. especially if the geocacher is retrieving a trackable from the cache. its rather disconcerting when trackables just magically "appear" in someones inventory, and then "reappear" in another location with no record at all of how it got from point "A" to point "B". does anyone else feel the same way about this issue?! :rolleyes:

I agree. As the cache owner I like to know who stops by to retrieve TB or coins. It helps me decide if the cache is a problem cache where thing keep disappearing. As the owner of the coin, I like to see where they are picking up the coin.

i don't know if its been discussed in the other areas of the geocache forum, but i personally feel that a note should be written EVERY time a cache is revisited. especially if the geocacher is retrieving a trackable from the cache. its rather disconcerting when trackables just magically "appear" in someones inventory, and then "reappear" in another location with no record at all of how it got from point "A" to point "B". does anyone else feel the same way about this issue?! :rolleyes:

I agree. As the cache owner I like to know who stops by to retrieve TB or coins. It helps me decide if the cache is a problem cache where thing keep disappearing. As the owner of the coin, I like to see where they are picking up the coin.

I try to put a physical note in the log book as well FWIW. To me it is a record of the visits to the cache - regardless if it is an initial find or a revisit.