ISAF/CA geocoin remint

ECplus3

OK, 30 minutes since my last guess. How about:

HMCS Jonquière (K318)

I think that's where the bridge was built...

Thanks again for the fun cointest!!

WINNER #5!!!

The Jonquière was my father's third ship. It was another River class frigate recommissioned as a Prestonian class in the early 50s.

That's good for an LE edition! Congrats Red Otter!!!

Just one ship to go!

Wow!! Thank-you so much! I had fun playing and love the look (and meaning) of your coin.

030 EXETER - Wainwright, Alberta (moved 1955 to Lac La Biche, Alberta)

WINNER #6!!!

We have a winner of the full set!! Congrats xboxcrazy33!!!

It would have been a shame for you to have done all that research and not make the final connection.

Just one ship to go! It is from the same class as the Jonquiere and the Buckingham.

Woohoo! Thanks for the awesome cointest E&Cplus3! This is a really awesome coin, and I'm so excited! After you said that it was right near 140 Cayuga, I was actually really scared that someone was gonna get it before I had a chance to post again. This was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I'm curious to see what the final ship is. Thanks again! Congrats to the other winners!

Skylark 4 beat me to it by 1 minute...

HMCS Lauzon (FFE 322)

WINNER #7!!!

That's the last ship, and the last winner of an XLE coin!

Congratulations to Pushing Tin! (it's a good thing Skylark 4 beat you to your previous answer! :ph34r:

Congratulations to all the winners! Thanks for playing.

I'll contact those whose addresses I don't already have.

There are three ISAF coins listed in the event in Kabul and one to be given out in a cointest. I'm glad they made it in time. Thanks to carolangelpaul for bringing these coins along.

Here's the link to the event:

Kabul International Airport (1st event cache)

I haven't heard from anyone else receiving their coins -- aparently shipping from Canada to Portugal is quicker than shipping to the States, within Canada, or even within my own province! :laughing:

Still plenty of these coins left! The XLE may be sold out, but the antique gold and antique nickel versions are still available.

I am also trying to see if there is interest in getting a customized version of this coin minted. Originally, the idea was that military personnel could get their unit abbreviation engraved on the coin. But I'm not going to restrict what you can get engraved (as long as it is 8 characters or less!)

I would like to have orders for 150 coins before I go to the mint. The cost would be $7.50 per coin.

More info can be found on the website:

http://palehorse.serveftp.net

I've had a lot of issues with my website since the power outages last week fried my router. You can send me your orders via PM... at least my email is still working :lol:

Just include:

Name

Mailing address

Paypal email

Order (antique gold and antique nickel still available -- $9 Canadian each)

Thanks for your interest and sorry for the inconvenience!

I have been considering doing a remint of my first geocoin for some time now.

I will likely be doing two-tone finishes for the new coins in limited numbers and use hard enamel for the back.

Cost would be $10.00 CDN.

ISAFCA-AB-01_front.jpg

ISAFCA-AB-01_back.jpg

I'll keep you posted.