ISAF/CA geocoin remint

ECplus3

Hello again! WOW! alreday 3 winners!!! Great!!! :lol:

Unfortunatelly I do not have time again! :ph34r: I have to go to work! Maybe when I get back...

Now...I am a little confused!

The fild that Toni Curtis played, was about the story of HMCS Gayuga (R04/218), but at the film, we see an other ship!!! We see the HMCS Athabaskan (R79), which I think was from the same class of Ships!

So....which one do you want?

BTW....HMCS Ste Therese (K366) was used for some interior shots!! :unsure:

Hello again! WOW! alreday 3 winners!!! Great!!! :lol:

Unfortunatelly I do not have time again! :ph34r: I have to go to work! Maybe when I get back...

Now...I am a little confused!

The fild that Toni Curtis played, was about the story of HMCS Gayuga (R04/218), but at the film, we see an other ship!!! We see the HMCS Athabaskan (R79), which I think was from the same class of Ships!

So....which one do you want?

BTW....HMCS Ste Therese (K366) was used for some interior shots!! :unsure:

You are on the right track Gatoulis! But it appears my info was incorrect. I have found several articles saying that the Athabaskan stood in for the Cayuga in the film, and only one saying it was my father's ship.

So, more hints:

The ship was the same class as the Ste Therese, and named for the town where the world's first aluminum bridge was built.

OK, 30 minutes since my last guess. How about:

HMCS Jonquière (K318)

I think that's where the bridge was built...

Thanks again for the fun cointest!!

WINNER #5!!!

The Jonquière was my father's third ship. It was another River class frigate recommissioned as a Prestonian class in the early 50s.

That's good for an LE edition! Congrats Red Otter!!!

Just one ship to go!

HMCS Buckingham (K 685)

WINNER #4!!!

The Buckingham was my father's first ship. It was a River class frigate recommissioned as a Prestonian class in the early 50s. It was fitted with a landing deck as an experiment.

That's good for an XLE edition! Congrats labrat_wr!!!

How cool!! thanks for the cointest. Lots of history looked up finding these answers.

I really thought I had guessed the correct cadet squad earlier. I found a site for 140 Cayuga stating their history, and it was almost word for word the same as your description E&Cplus3. Oh well, big coincidence I guess. Another try then:

#145 MEDICINE HAT - Medicine Hat, Alberta

I think I know the page you mean! :ph34r:

RCSCC Cayuga was formed in 1955 -- my father was too old for cadets by that time.

Before Cayuga there was another corps in the same area -- they share the same early history.

030 EXETER - Wainwright, Alberta (moved 1955 to Lac La Biche, Alberta)

WINNER #6!!!

We have a winner of the full set!! Congrats xboxcrazy33!!!

It would have been a shame for you to have done all that research and not make the final connection.

Just one ship to go! It is from the same class as the Jonquiere and the Buckingham.