Now what.........

North Fork Seeker

I have just bought my first coins, I have been putting it off but took the leap tonight, to get my collection started. hope I did not make a mistake as I have seen lots of coins I would like to have in a collection. This could get addicting and expensive :)

well, don't keep us in suspense...which geocoin did you select as your 1st addictive hit?! :D

I have just bought my first coins, I have been putting it off but took the leap tonight, to get my collection started. hope I did not make a mistake as I have seen lots of coins I would like to have in a collection. This could get addicting and expensive :)

There is no could, only will. Saying geocoining could get addicting is like saying I'm jumping in the deep end of the pool now and I could get wet.

I have just bought my first coins, I have been putting it off but took the leap tonight, to get my collection started. hope I did not make a mistake as I have seen lots of coins I would like to have in a collection. This could get addicting and expensive :laughing:

well, don't keep us in suspense...which geocoin did you select as your 1st addictive hit?! :D

Well I am not sure what the first one is i bought one of the bags from Arvoir. but I am going to place an order for the pirates pieces of Eight from the geocoin store and two of the other pirate theme coins they have out. figure that should be good to add to what folks donated to my son when he tried to collect them a couple years ago.

I have just bought my first coins, I have been putting it off but took the leap tonight, to get my collection started. hope I did not make a mistake as I have seen lots of coins I would like to have in a collection. This could get addicting and expensive :laughing:

Well I am not sure what the first one is i bought one of the bags from Arvoir. but I am going to place an order for the pirates pieces of Eight from the geocoin store and two of the other pirate theme coins they have out. figure that should be good to add to what folks donated to my son when he tried to collect them a couple years ago.

Collect what you like, if you don't like a coin you can send it out traveling (like the traveler tags) or keep them as traders. It's just as important to have a stash of traders (for when you miss a sale!) as having the collection itself!

i see a pirate theme developing here. cool. you should have quite a few nice pirate and treasure themed geocoins to find and collect. enjoy the madness! :P

Collect what you like, if you don't like a coin you can send it out traveling (like the traveler tags) or keep them as traders. It's just as important to have a stash of traders (for when you miss a sale!) as having the collection itself!

+1!

i see a pirate theme developing here. cool. you should have quite a few nice pirate and treasure themed geocoins to find and collect. enjoy the madness! :P

I also like the celtic designs so there will be a few of those in my collection I am sure.

For a pirate themed geocoin, I think nothing beats this one (not mine) : http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?ID=1794814

Check out the second photo.

I was lucky enough to get one when someone was selling her excess coins here.

That is a nice looking coin. That would be nice to add to a collection. once I build up some inventory to trade with I would love to have one.

I collect vinyl records(yes, they still make them) and am super bad about it. Like, say a band puts out an album, the record gets pressed, but instead of the album being on black vinyl, they do /100 on black, /200 on red and /500 on yellow. Depending on the band, I may have to have all of those records, lol. So when I got into caching and discovered geocoins, I knew right away I needed to limit myself or it would get out of hand. So I pretty much told myself I would only do washington coins and coins that REALLY stuck out to me. Which, honestly, I haven't seen a new coin in forever that really struck a cord with me, at least enough to warrant buying it. The upcoming tiki coins and the delft blauw coins are pretty much all I have my eye on.

But yeah, good luck and have fun, it's addicting!

I have just bought my first coins, I have been putting it off but took the leap tonight, to get my collection started. hope I did not make a mistake as I have seen lots of coins I would like to have in a collection. This could get addicting and expensive :rolleyes:

i see a pirate theme developing here. cool. you should have quite a few nice pirate and treasure themed geocoins to find and collect. enjoy the madness! :D

I ran a pirate event for 5 years... have event coins from some of them. :D