interesting caches in Vancouver & Toronto

Trracer

Hi,

I'm going to be in Vancouver and Toronto during July and I would like to know if anybody knows a few good caches in this both cities? (fav. Traditionals with D/T max 3)

thanks for help

Holger

What part of Toronto? N, E, W, downtown core? How much time to you have while here?

@res2100 thx sounds good.

@ flintstone5611 and entgeek

Yes I know, it's a 2 weeks roundtrip (with a rental car) from Toronto to Montreal, Niagara Falls (must have) and back, after this we're for 5 days in vancouver.

In Toronto, we will stay at chelsea hotel, 33 Gerrard Street West

In Vancouver, it's the sandman suites on 1160 Davie Street

Maybe you know a good location or an attractive cache container, near the hotels.

thx

Holger

PS: For Montreal I follow the montreal thread.

The cache I mentioned is within walking distance (you probably don't want to drive to it due to lack of parking\paid parking) and you can pick up another cache just on the next block by a historical stone wheel which is interesting too and allows you to see the other sculptures and architectural buildings in the area.

Here are some of the more memorable caches I found around Toronto (other than the ones already mentioned above). In no particular order:

The Croft Steet Cache - simple hide, interesting street

The Beltline Treasure - Pleasant walk in a large, peaceful, historical cemetery and a NASTY final (do use the hint...)

Casa on the Beach Multi-Earthcache - quite a trek between the two stages, but nice locations and interesting educational stuff

Fort Rouille - Historical site and cute way of hiding the cache

The West Rocks - A quick easy cache. I just really enjoyed the location (go if you like plane-spotting)

Due South - An excursion to a bit of wilderness in the city (ironically enough, on artificially constructed land). Lots of bugs, but well worth it if you like bird sanctuaries and lighthouses

The Big Red Canoe - Just what it says it is. :blink: A bit of a tucked-out-of-the-way spot despite being downtown.

Ireland Park Micro - Again, I like the lake, I like the island airport, and I like derelict industrial buildings... so I like this cache

Death By Traffic - A sort of a hidden, fun and unique cache location. You're sandwiched between lanes of fast-moving traffic and yet the feel is entirely tranquil. Not at all a touristy place, but close to the Pearson airport, so you may be passing by it on the way to or from your flight.

Off-leash - Stream Side - I hardly remember the details of the cache itself, but High Park is a gem and worth visiting even if you don't do any caches there (but the park caches do help one discover different parts of the park, including ones off the more beaten paths). And then I love dogs too, so this was a fun experience for me.

Stonehenge - Somewhat interesting spot, close to Queen St. E. with lots of interesting cafes and shops, and somewhat unusual hiding method

Flattery - The area is not particularly tourist-worthy (though nice), but the cache itself is very fun and creative. That was the first cache I ever attempted to find and, of course, failed, having read the descriptions of what to expect of most caches. Fun with kids - apparently there was a new exciting playground built there recently

Great Balls of Fir! (well, sorta) - Worth it for the giant woodpeckers. :-)

Biker's Cache - Interesting trail, if somewhat remote. Great for mountain bikers (though I doubt you'll be bringing a mountain bike with you :-)).

Edited by chephy

The cache I mentioned is within walking distance (you probably don't want to drive to it due to lack of parking\paid parking) and you can pick up another cache just on the next block by a historical stone wheel which is interesting too and allows you to see the other sculptures and architectural buildings in the area.

I think that one got archived, if I'm thinking about the same thing.
What part of Vancouver?
around the sandman suites on 1160 Davie Street
I know that hotel, that's where I parked when I stayed at the hostel one block over last year. I would suggest Stanley Park, you can get a virtual, EarthCache and a few traditional choices in a great setting. You could walk to it from the hotel but you'd be very tired before you were done caching. Bikes are a good way to get around in Stanley Park and there are a few places that rent them.

There's also a webcam cache downtown on the building that was used as the media centre for the olympics (I think) and that would be a nice walk on the waterfront IIRC.

Try the ROSABELLE CIPHER GCH02K in Minnakada Regional park in Port Coquitlam,AH-NA-SOZI ,GCHGFK in Whyte Cliff Park and The Lost Treasure of The Boundless II GCNCJJ in Lighthouse park ,they are all puzzle caches,at least look at them, the first two are hard.

Edited by Forkeye