Who would you rather go geocaching with....

if your GPS ran out of batteries and you were lost - and you still wanted to find your cache: Les Stroud or Bear Grylls?

bear would be useless in that scenario. if you were lost, how would roomservice find him?

Just look around. You can usually see the highway fro where they're filming.

I'll actually go with Bear on this one. All the extra help from his production crew would definitely speed things up, plus I'm sure he stays in really nice hotels.

Edited by aniyn

Lindsay Lohan.

Take her on a good Death March to show her how good just a plain bottle of water and a Clif bar can be.

have you not seen parent trap, she hikes all the way up to the lake and puts a lizzard on her step-mum to be's back pack, after filling it with stones, then give's her sugar water rather then bug spray and then pushes her inflatable bed into the lake,

ptrap7.jpg

clearly she will be fine geocaching.

Lindsay Lohan.

Take her on a good Death March to show her how good just a plain bottle of water and a Clif bar can be.

have you not seen parent trap, she hikes all the way up to the lake and puts a lizzard on her step-mum to be's back pack, after filling it with stones, then give's her sugar water rather then bug spray and then pushes her inflatable bed into the lake,

ptrap7.jpg

clearly she will be fine geocaching.

I'll just keep a padlock on my backpack and I should be safe.

I think a Death March would take the starch out of her anyway. :)

Put me down for Josh Bernstein. President of the Boulder Outdoor Survival School, so you know he's got skills and a huge appreciation for nature. He was the host of "Digging for the Truth" and showed how very smart and nerdy and funny he is, so you know he'd be fun out there. Plus...he's super good looking.

Two words...William Shatner.

Just make sure you're not wearing a red shirt if you are on a caching expedition with William Shatner.

Haha, that's awesome! :D

If I had to pick between Bear and Les, I'd go for Les, even though the episode he did in Moab (where I live) was fairly ridiculous. I like him way more than I like Bear anyways.

If I could pick someone else... I don't know who I'd pick. Maybe like, Indiana Jones. He seems good at finding things ;)

Back to the OP: Either one of those guys would muggle the cache and use the contents to build some sort of survival gadget. I wouldn't let them anywhere near a cache.

As a previous poster mentioned, these 2 choices might muggle the cache for stuff. Bear eats ANYTHING maybe even logbooks, so not him. He always eats bugs. Yuck. I'd really prefer someone good at finding caches.

Edited by TheCacheSeeker

Don't know the guys mentioned... but since other people have thrown out historical names, I would have no reservations in having Tom Crean as my wingman. He walked solo 56 km's across the Ross Ice Shelf (on 3 biscuits and a stick of chocolate) to save Edward Evans of the disastrous Robert Falcon Scott expedition to the South Pole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Crean_(explorer)

Humble, quiet, and tough as nails...

Wouldn't you prefer Roald Amundsen? He actually made it to GC2BX66...

And to (sort of) answer the question, I'd prefer MacGyver, I'm sure he's carrying some duct tape and a paperclip to build a solar battery loader.

Mr. Terratin