training software for garmin colorado 300

I'm using my colorado for training with my sleddog team. I use tracking, map, elevation and the heartmonitor. Is there any software, where I can save and analysing all these data together. The garmin trainings center doesn't work with the colorado (sorry, as good as the garmin hardware is: the software looks and feels like amateur programming). Thanks for information.

i thought i read that garmin connect was supposed to be able to read the heart rate monitor information recorded by the oregon and colorado, so you might want to try uploading a tracklog there to see if that's the case. apparently this was not the case on motionbased, but was supposed to be a feature introduced with connect. i'd be interested in knowing if it does.

connect.garmin.com and accounts are free

i thought i read that garmin connect was supposed to be able to read the heart rate monitor information recorded by the oregon and colorado, so you might want to try uploading a tracklog there to see if that's the case. apparently this was not the case on motionbased, but was supposed to be a feature introduced with connect. i'd be interested in knowing if it does.

connect.garmin.com and accounts are free

Thanks. It's a good idea for trainings, where I have internet connection, but at the races, there's no internet. Our races are two or three days the same trail and I like to analyse my race every day. So I have to save and analyse the data on my mac or pc without internet tools.

I did some research on your question since I own a colorado 300 myself and interested in the subject to.

I also noticed that the Garmin Training Software does not seem to import a gpx file.

I came across a forum message that explain that you can convert the gpx file to a tcx file with gpsies.com. The tcx file can that be imported into the training software as a course. I tried it myself and this seem to work fine.

I opened the tcx file with a text editor and the format seems to be a xml formatted file, just like a gpx file is. It is therefore not to difficult to convert a gpx into a tcx.

It is not yet clear to me how the tcx file holds the heartbeat information (my gpx file did not contain this info since I don't have such a sensor).