Driving info Fields vs Hiking info fields

Do you guys know if the PN-40 is capable of displaying different info fields (on the map page, compass page etc) for both Hiking and Driving mode? I want different fields for each mode... i dont need a "next turn" arrow while navigating to a cache off road, i would rather use that space for something more useful. I know the GPS automatically changes the info fields for "navigating" and "non-navigating" mode, but what about within the "navigating" mode for both hiking and driving?

Any help would be appreciated. :grin:

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000

I'm not certain, but I think there's no distinction made on the PN-40's info fields for hiking vs. driving. I deal with it by setting the map screen info fields for what I want while doing a driving route, and the compass screen customization for hiking routes.

I'm not certain, but I think there's no distinction made on the PN-40's info fields for hiking vs. driving. I deal with it by setting the map screen info fields for what I want while doing a driving route, and the compass screen customization for hiking routes.

I'm actually kinda shocked they didn't do something like this :laughing: ... I hate having to change the fields everytime i want to switch from driving to hiking or vice versa.

Granted, I don't use the driving mode too often anyway, but I still think Delorme should add the ability to customize based on driving vs hiking. It just makes sense since you usually need different information depending on what you're doing.

Oh well, maybe I'll write Delorme about it. :D

Edited by Tahoe Skier5000

Actually, they're tuned into the problem. They have said that the PN-60 will have activity setting profiles, so I take that to mean that you can set info fields in the manner you have described and they can be retained and recalled for later use.

I don't know whether or not that will make it to the PN-30/40, as it may be limited to the new interface coming with the PN-60.

Actually, they're tuned into the problem. They have said that the PN-60 will have activity setting profiles, so I take that to mean that you can set info fields in the manner you have described and they can be retained and recalled for later use.

I don't know whether or not that will make it to the PN-30/40, as it may be limited to the new interface coming with the PN-60.

:rolleyes: yeah i think im going to have to break down and get it