Missing Owner Notifications

Saza36

Has anybody else had this problem?

I have received no owner notifications for the last week or so although my caches continue to be found daily? I have recently renewed my membership and under the "email" options there is nothing related to member notifications so I don't know if this is a general problem or how to re-enable them :grin:

Can somebody advise......

Saza36

I've received notifications during the past week. There is no way to "unsubscribe" yourself from notifications when someone finds your cache. They are sent out automatically, so if people are finding your caches, you will automatically get the notifications.

Perhaps your email provider is blocking the messages, thinking their spam.

You could switch email providers and change your email address in the system and then do a couple test logs/finds on your caches to see if the notification goes through with the new email address. If so, it would indicate a problem with your original provider.

Edited by Skippermark

I've received notifications during the past week. There is no way to "unsubscribe" yourself from notifications when someone finds your cache. They are sent out automatically, so if people are finding your caches, you will automatically get the notifications.

Perhaps your email provider is blocking the messages, thinking their spam.

You could switch email providers and change your email address in the system and then do a couple test logs/finds on your caches to see if the notification goes through with the new email address. If so, it would indicate a problem with your original provider.

Many thanks - sorted. I did change the email address and messages were then coming through. Changed back to my hotmail address and messages once again stopped. I then found that somehow the geocache email address had been added to by "blocked" list so I deleted it and added it to the "allow" list and then re-validated my email address. Hey presto, everything works. Thanks for your suggestion.......