Feature request: star rating system for caches

cham-69

As someone who is relatively new to geocaching, I'm sure this has probably been discussed before but....

A very useful feature would be for users to be able to give visited caches a star rating (eg. from one to 5 stars) based on overall enjoyment/pleasure generated by visiting the cache.

A cache in an interesting or unusual location surrounded by nice scenery may thus attract a high star rating whereas a poorly maintained cache beside a road in an area with no particular distinguishing features may result in a lower rating.

An average star rating as voted for by visitors to the cache could then be displayed with the cache listing. This system would enable travelling geocachers with limited time to concentrate their efforts on the 'best' caches a particular area has to offer.

I also use GCVote. It has good coverage of mainland Europe, and an increasing number of users in the UK. Obviously any star system relies on gathering sufficient users to provide the data - and I don't know how well it covers other parts of the world - but it makes sense to use an existing system rather than create a competitor.

Chris