Puzzle cache giveaway?

We own a puzzle cache that is proving very popular. Someone found it today and unfortunately gave away the final cache location in their log. I tried to edit it but it seemed as though I could only delete or permanantly encrypt it. I tried the latter but on going back to the page found that I could decrypt it. I don't know whether that was just because I'm the cache owner or whether anyone could. So I deleted it. I wrote to the cacher and explained what I'd done. I said they could write another log that didn't give the game away, as I was worried that they would be a smiley down. They are noobies, so I felt sad for them :) Could I/should I have done something different? :) Thanks, zarbibird

Yes , correct . I am watching a newbie down south and every

time he logs a find he puts the Co-ords down, ok when its a trad.

just waiting for him to find a mystery or multi. :):)

I wonder if they are logging from iphones? my friend has recently started caching with her new iphone, and that happened with the very first log she filed - it put the co-ords on the top of her log in bold (and that was a puzzle too)

I got her to delete them toot suite , but she had no idea how they'd got there....

Yes , correct . I am watching a newbie down south and every

time he logs a find he puts the Co-ords down, ok when its a trad.

just waiting for him to find a mystery or multi. :):)

I wonder if they are logging from iphones? my friend has recently started caching with her new iphone, and that happened with the very first log she filed - it put the co-ords on the top of her log in bold (and that was a puzzle too)

I got her to delete them toot suite , but she had no idea how they'd got there....

If it is a problem with iphone adding co-ords, maybe it needs raising with Groundspeak.

They have sorted out other site/iphone problems.

The only thing I would add is that you should copy the original log in your email to them, so they can edit it and resubmit. Saves them having to write a new log.

The site should send an email to them, stating their log has been deleted, with a copy of their log...

I say should, it used to, but at one point it stopped working.

Not sure if GS got it up and running again.

I'm sure they must have!