Geowoodstock events

robd0gg

I posted this over at the GW forums, and am posting here too, not as a way to be snarky or anything, but am seriously trying to figure this out

hello.. I am still waiting to see what type of events and activities will be available on the day of the event.. I keep pinging the Event Information page and checking this thread hoping it will be updated.. this is crucial in whether some of my less then enthusiastic family and friends will attend with me or not.. they keep asking me what types of things go on during the event, and I can only shrug at this point..

when will we know this?

I posted this over at the GW forums, and am posting here too, not as a way to be snarky or anything, but am seriously trying to figure this out

hello.. I am still waiting to see what type of events and activities will be available on the day of the event.. I keep pinging the Event Information page and checking this thread hoping it will be updated.. this is crucial in whether some of my less then enthusiastic family and friends will attend with me or not.. they keep asking me what types of things go on during the event, and I can only shrug at this point..

when will we know this?

Hey there, I copied and pasted what I wrote in the GW Forums:

Hi Robdogg,

As in all GeoWoodstocks in the past, this is a VERY big meet and greet! And, yes, that will still be the case this year, but we will definintely have other activities through out the day at Remlingers.

There will be a ton of kids activities, bounce houses, games, possibly face painters, etc.

As for the adults, we will have some form of GPS games, a bingo style "get to know geocachers" game, there will be seminars, a Texas Holdem poker event is already in the works and if you want to play poker, check out the poker thread and get signed up. Its a lottery and the organizers will be drawing names to determine the 40 players.

Don't forget we will have quite a few vendors selling coins, tshirts, and geobling of all sorts.

So, basically, you will never be bored!!

Hope this helps answer your questions!

when will we know this?

Hey there, I copied and pasted what I wrote in the GW Forums:

Hi Robdogg,

As in all GeoWoodstocks in the past, this is a VERY big meet and greet! And, yes, that will still be the case this year, but we will definintely have other activities through out the day at Remlingers.

There will be a ton of kids activities, bounce houses, games, possibly face painters, etc.

As for the adults, we will have some form of GPS games, a bingo style "get to know geocachers" game, there will be seminars, a Texas Holdem poker event is already in the works and if you want to play poker, check out the poker thread and get signed up. Its a lottery and the organizers will be drawing names to determine the 40 players.

Don't forget we will have quite a few vendors selling coins, tshirts, and geobling of all sorts.

So, basically, you will never be bored!!

Hope this helps answer your questions!

it does, thanks..

and now to be just a little snarky, you might want to post this information on your Geowoodstock VIII event page, as that is the place where one would expect this kind of information.. I realize your probably still working out the specifics, but to those sitting on the fence, it will make a difference on whether they decide to attend or not.. some may come on blind faith, but others like details