Like GSAK, but for a Mac?

I'm looking for a waypoint management program for my laptop, something that I can load PQs into, maybe edit them a bit, and then output them to both my Garmin and TomTom. GSAK is great, but unfortunately limited to the IBM platform. BaseCamp seems to only work with Garmin, and is buggy as heck, anyway, with its habit of duplicating waypoints all over the place.

Any recommendations for a Mac (OSX 10.4)?

There is nothing even remotely like GSAK for the Mac. It's aggravating to say the least. If I had even a rough idea of where to start, I'd consider rolling my own. But GSAK is so featureful it's more than a little intimidating.

You're running 10.4 - are you on Intel or a G4/G5? If the latter, you're pretty much hosed if you need more than basic functionality - neither WINE nor any of the virtualization platforms (Parallels, VirtualBox, VMWare) will work.

Edited by dakboy

I haven't gotten much into emulators. Looked at them and they all seemed to be various combinations of expensive, highly technical, unstable, and/or slow. I prefer to stick with Mac software if at all possible. (And I have an Intel MacBook).

I looked at Maccaching, but it doesn't mention working with TomTom. I could use it for my 60CSX, though -- just about anything would be better than BaseCamp (you hit that 1000 upper limit fast when half your waypoints are being duplicated 5 or 6 times).

Anybody got a good or bad word to put in for GeoJournal or GEObsession? I've glanced at them, but don't know how well they perform in action.

I haven't gotten much into emulators. Looked at them and they all seemed to be various combinations of expensive, highly technical, unstable, and/or slow. I prefer to stick with Mac software if at all possible. (And I have an Intel MacBook).

There aren't really any "emulators" for what you're looking for. WINE is an implementation of Windows libraries on non-Windows operating systems. VMWare, Parallels & VirtualBox are virtual machines, and are neither "highly technical", unstable, nor slow (unless you've got an older MacBook whose CPU doesn't support virtualization well). If all you're running is GSAK, then VirtualBox (which is free) is plenty, so all you have to buy is a copy of Windows (which can be had relatively cheap, if you know where to look) and GSAK.

I looked at Maccaching, but it doesn't mention working with TomTom. I could use it for my 60CSX, though -- just about anything would be better than BaseCamp (you hit that 1000 upper limit fast when half your waypoints are being duplicated 5 or 6 times).
If you've used GSAK at all, you'll likely be disappointed with MacCaching.

Anybody got a good or bad word to put in for GeoJournal or GEObsession? I've glanced at them, but don't know how well they perform in action.

GeoJournal hasn't been updated in over 2 years, and GEObsession's last release was September, only to get Snow Leopard support - no other update in nearly 2 years there. I wouldn't expect much from them.

I have no problem running GSAK latest release under Crossover 9.0 (that's a commercialized version of the open source WINE dakboy mentioned). BUT -- I only sift a few throusand waypoints at a time, and I work entirely with file I/O. That is, copying files to/from the GPS mounted as a mass-storage volume, not through the Garmin or DeLorme protocol connections.

Since I haven't run it on a PC (or under Bootcamp), I couldn't tell yuo how it compares speed-wise. Is fast enough for my purposes.