Naming convention for images

ArtMan

Someone suggested this earlier - forgive me for not recalling who - but I would like to again promote the idea of including the place name in at least one image uploaded for each mark. I normally do it in the closeup, e.g. "Closeup of HV9674, Fairfax County, VA."

I think it makes the gallery that much more interesting. Most of these survey disks look pretty much alike, but I think it would be nice to know that we are getting logs from lots of different states, exotic locales, etc.

I'm not suggesting this as a formal requirement, just an idea to make this activity a bit more interesting.

Comments?

I think that would be cool.......

But, if I were to take the trouble to do it, how about a defined format to follow?

Kinda like what the NGS/NOAA use for photo submissions......

Its somewhere on their website, but I cant find it again right now (its 1AM) .... icon_frown.gif

That way they could be submitted to NGS while fitting their requirements without having to change or update them later......

Figured that is what I would do anyway.

- ArtMan.....I take it your name is Art?

Mine is too!.. icon_biggrin.gif

I think that would be cool.......

But, if I were to take the trouble to do it, how about a defined format to follow?

Kinda like what the NGS/NOAA use for photo submissions......

Its somewhere on their website, but I cant find it again right now (its 1AM) .... icon_frown.gif

That way they could be submitted to NGS while fitting their requirements without having to change or update them later......

Figured that is what I would do anyway.

- ArtMan.....I take it your name is Art?

Mine is too!.. icon_biggrin.gif

I think the hope of any kind of automatic upload to NGS is in the fairly far future. I think the simple request to include the location in the name (because that is what shows in the gallery) for at least one picture of a set for a benchmark is an excellent idea that has been suggested before and will need to be mentioned again.

I think it'd be nice if a reminder could be shown right on the post a picture page. I know I screwed mine up when I posted mine. I got name and description reversed and didn't think about telling locations at all.

And it looks like there is no way of editing text for photos without resubmitting them?

There's 3 kinds of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't.