What's Up With the Garmin Colorado Series?

How come Garmin no longer lists the Colorado series GPS's on their website. Is there something fundamentally wrong with them? They're turning up as refurbished units everywhere. I have a 60CSX that I really like but I'm thinking of getting a Colorado, too.

Comments anyone??

They have been discontinued.

I love mine...and know a few geo-friends who have purchased once since they've been discontinued. There are some great deals out there on the remaining stock.

If you want a current production model, you'll have to go with the Oregon or Dakota series.

After buying a Colorado a few years back, I know that they had a lot of problems at first with battery drain, and firmware problems as well. I gave up and sent my unit back. I recently bought a Dakota 10 and it uses a similar operating system. from what I have learned from the Dakota, is the Garmin has fixed a lot of problems with that operating system and it now seams to be a good system for paperless geocaching. I figure that most of the problem with the Colorado may now be fixed, but the bad image has stuck and no one wants to buy one anymore. I really like the new touch screen units, but if that is not important you sure can get a good deal on these discontinued units.

The CO was meant to be a replacement for your 60 series. Due to an incredibly poor introduction, it got a very bad reputation with retailers. I have a 300 and think it's great, huge high-res display, good battery life, adequate daylight visibility. It'll even display Birdseye images and photos.

If the price is right, go for it.

The CO was meant to be a replacement for your 60 series. Due to an incredibly poor introduction, it got a very bad reputation with retailers. I have a 300 and think it's great, huge high-res display, good battery life, adequate daylight visibility. It'll even display Birdseye images and photos.

If the price is right, go for it.

What he said ^^^, +1.

Really enjoy mine and have had zero problems with it (purchased within the last 4 months). No need to buy refurbs if you look around ...

http://www.cascadegps.com/store/garmin-col...land-lakes.html

Be safe.

N