My FIRST!!!

mikereddig

Well I found this last September, but did not have a gps and had never seen this site, but I still took the picture.

The hike to the top of Queen Mountain was excellent fun and the hike down twentynine palms canyon was even more fun and just a bit dangerous.

All the pics including the plaque for the top of Queen Mountain can be seen at

http://www.reddigs.com/deathhike.htm

So I did finally get a gps last week and was going out this weekend to find some caches and now I have to go back to the top of Queen Mountain to get the coordinates. I also think there were two other plaques up there according to the USGS description. EV3986

see ya around

miker

Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen; depart, be lost, but climb.-Edna St. Vincent Millay, poet

quote:
Originally posted by mikereddig:

I also think there were two other plaques up there according to the USGS description. EV3986

I think you'll find three other disks if you look in the right place. They should be within about 50' of each other, but the three should be about 1/4 mile east of the one in your picture. The one in your picture appears to be the azimuth mark for this grouping, which according the the datasheet, is about 1/4 miles west of the station/reference marks. Happy hunting!

Greg

N 39 54.705'

W 77 33.137'