What is proper format to assign coordinates?

I want to log the GPS coordinates for a benchmark site... but each time I try, the page reloads with an error message saying that there is something wrong with my submission. So, let's say that the coordinates are N36 45.284 and W083 42.190... how in the world does this need to be punched in in order to get the info to be accepted and posted? Do I use spaces, decimals, apostrophes... what? Do I leave off the third number of the last set of numbers... what? I'm so aggravated with trying to post the coordinates of the find. Please help!

Hmm. I've never had trouble putting coords into the log entries, so I'm not sure what the problem is stemming from.

It looks to me like you would enter "36" in the first lat box, and "45.284" in the second. Then "83" in the first longitude box, and "42.190" in the second. Does this not work? All I can think right now is that perhaps you're trying to feed in the leading 0 in the "083," though I'm not certain that would goof it up.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt