What do you take caching?

I mean yah, you take the GPSer,, some swag, a pencil/pen, camera, and ziplocks. But what more should you bring or what do YOU bring that's diffrent or you think is essential?

fishing line with hook, string with magnets attached, tweezers, if its a hiker, hiking stick. old TV antenna with neo magnet, plastic grocery bag[for cito should area need it] spare batteries for gps.

If it's a park and grab, or a very short walk to the cache, all I take with me is a notepad (To write which geocache I've found) and pen, but in my geocaching bag, I have a first-aid kit (From Dollar Tree), neosporin, anti-itch cream, After-Bite, extra logbooks, pens, pencils, geocaching pamphlets (For those interested), my swag, a Gopher Grabber tool, rope, a Leatherman multi-tool, a knife, compass, fold-up shovel, and hat

Towel

At least one caching companion (human or canine)

GPS

Notebook with cache info

Pen

Cell phone

Camera

Pepper spray

Travel Bugs / Swag

Baggies (kept in car)

Calculator paper (kept in car)

First Aid Kit (always in car)

What doesn't stay in the car, travels easily in my camera bag. My GPS is on a lanyard and I keep my keys, phone and pepper spray in my pockets.

Towel

:):blink::blink::o:o:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(if this doesn't mean what I think it does, ignore this message)

I bring various things... flashlight, leatherman, pencils, sharpener, tape, magnets, spare logs, prepared caches, spare batteries for GPS, external battery for iPhone, camera, band-aid (especially those special ones for heel blisters, learned that the hard way), water, Viliv S5 UMPC with Windows 7 (for GSAK etc)

Towel

:):blink::blink::o:o:o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It means the only thing it could mean:

A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

- Chapter 3, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

And a gentle reminder that Towel Day is May 25th.

Towel

:):):huh::o:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It means the only thing it could mean:

A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value. You can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapors; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a miniraft down the slow heavy River Moth; wet it for use in hand-to-hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (such a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.

- Chapter 3, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

And a gentle reminder that Towel Day is May 25th.

That's what I thought it meant :D

What I usually take with me:

Friends (Our group runs anywhere from 3-6 depending on who's free)

GPSr

Knife

Camera

Pen

Trinkets

50' of 550 Para Cord

Cell Phone

5-10 extra logs

Drinks of some sort, either pop, water or kool-aid

Walking stick

Towel

Sandwich stuff (picnic!)

Things I'm getting arranged to take with me:

Brochures of some sort

A couple of caches, prepped and ready to be placed

More friends (new geocachers are always good)

• Car GPSr
  • Hand held GPSr
  • iPod Touch
  • Bug Spray
  • Extra logs
  • Extra micro containers
  • Needle nose Pliers
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Mechanical grab stick (pull trigger and it grips the item)
  • Pad of paper (just in case)
  • Mini first aid kit
  • Swag
  • TB / Geocoins
  • A pre-made cache if we find a great spot
  • Knife
  • Cell phone

With the Car GPSr, Hand held GPSr and iPod Touch, we do paperless caching :D