Nearest BM search output suggestion

WingArcher

I would rather see a 'benchmark's already found by you' section of the bm search results page. It would be easer to see which ones are left for you to find.

I've noticed that the geocaching benchmark search automatically rejects some bm's from being dispayed as search results. I think it's only ones that have a 'not found' entry listed. So at least you won't go searching for one that is known to have not been found.

I'm not lost!

I just don't know where I am.

quote:
Originally posted by Couch_Potato:

I've noticed that the geocaching benchmark search automatically rejects some bm's from being dispayed as search results. I think it's only ones that have a 'not found' entry listed. So at least you won't go searching for one that is known to have not been found.

The only problem with this is that I've found numerous examples of marks that were not found, but then WERE found later. If there are ANY "NOT FOUND" logs, they don't show up in the search.

25021_1200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Web-ling:

quote:
Originally posted by Couch_Potato:

The only problem with this is that I've found numerous examples of marks that were not found, but then WERE found later. If there are ANY "NOT FOUND" logs, they don't show up in the search.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/25021_1200.gif

Only bench marks verified as destroyed (by construction, for example) should be excluded from the listing. I failed to find about three this weekend but I'm sure they are still there under a heavy layer of sod on a college campus. If the description lists a not-found, the reader can decide whether to persist in searching for it. . . . patrick

patrick & shirley

icon_rolleyes.gif I guess I didn't put the right words down to explain what I meant. My suggestion for including a "last found" field in the search results really meant:

Can the big 10 mile list of markers have a field that lists a date or some such if a Geocacher (or someone who logs into the site with pictures and such) has found the marker. If nobody has found it, then the field would be blank. This is just like a geocache search with its "last found" date.

Now that I'm back in town I will try and finish the eBook and bulk cache downloads, then add some more features for the benchmark hunting, such as having a "last found" field so you know if a benchmark has been already found by a geocacher.

Jeremy

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location