Some intresting facts about the popularity of geocaching.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=geocaching

You can see from the chart how not just the popularity of geocaching is rising every year! But, at the same time the amount of news on the subject is rising. Geocaching isn't as popular here as it is in other countries. Funnily, the city with the most amount of search queries for geocaching is actually Prague, Czech Republic. There is even more information if you visit the link.

Just wanted to let you guys see this.

~ coldgears

We need a federal government program to close the Geocache Gap with the Czech Republic. Do we want the USA to be a third-rate geocaching power? I think not.

This is a good reason to open the NPS to caching. I trust Jeremy will raise it during his next meeting with the President.

Funnily, the city with the most amount of search queries for geocaching is actually Prague, Czech Republic.

Do the reported "facts" distinguish between human and automated activity?

Actually no I don't believe google does that. To be honest though; why would anyone use an automated program to search for "geocaching"?

From my own experience (having spent a lot of time there), Geocaching is very popular in Prague (and the rest of the Czech Republic). And most of it is by Czech nationals, not foreign tourists. It is typical for a cache to be logged multiple times each day, many caches with thousands of finds.

And yes, they like bacon too; in fact pork in general is popular. My favourite is the Chicken Schnitzel though.

From my own experience (having spent a lot of time there), Geocaching is very popular in Prague (and the rest of the Czech Republic). And most of it is by Czech nationals, not foreign tourists. It is typical for a cache to be logged multiple times each day, many caches with thousands of finds.

And yes, they like bacon too; in fact pork in general is popular. My favourite is the Chicken Schnitzel though.

I've never paid much attention to a chicken's schnitzel, but I think I'll stick with bacon! :)

Does anyone remember Googlewhacking? It was a short-lived hobby in the early 2000s. The idea was to search for a pair of words which would only retrieve a single hit. Unfortunately, "geocaching bacon" returns 718,000 hits, of which this thread is number three.

I've never paid much attention to a chicken's schnitzel, but I think I'll stick with bacon! :)

MMMMMMMM! Bacon-wrapped chicken-schnitzel!

Noooooo, better would be Bacon wrapped Bacon

Served on a bed of......BACON!

Or how about BACON schnitzel!

Chicken-fried bacon?

Deep fried bacon on a stick for all you carnival-goers?

Edited by Semper Questio

I've never paid much attention to a chicken's schnitzel, but I think I'll stick with bacon! :rolleyes:

Served on a bed of......BACON!

Or how about BACON schnitzel!

Chicken-fried bacon?

Deep fried bacon on a stick for all you carnival-goers?

How about chocolate covered bacon-wrapped chicken-schnitzel?