Tracking logs on your finds

I like to keep a track of all the caches I've found. I have a bookmark list, where I bookmark all of my finds. They are set to notify me when there's a new log. Google Mail helpfully forwards all of the email from this certain bookmark list to another address. Every so often (3-5 times a week) I log on to that and read all the logs. It's not too much as I've only got 71 finds so far, but I'm already having to exclude certain high-profile caches that are sometimes found several times in a day.

I think it's really interesting reading all of the logs, and it helps me to remember past caches (I've often said, that the day I forget finding a certain cache is the day I've found too many). I was wondering if anyone else did this, admittedly rather peculiar, tracking?

I've got two of my finds on my watchlist. One was a puzzle, I was FTF and was curious to see who would be next and how long it would take. (It wasn't who I expected, and it took longer than I thought it would.) It really doesn't need to be on my list anymore, but it doesn't get found often so I haven't been motivated to delete it.

The other one is a micro in a parking lot. But it made my watchlist because it's the parking lot next to my office, where I park every day. So I was just curious to see what cachers were in my neighborhood.

I like to keep a track of all the caches I've found. I have a bookmark list, where I bookmark all of my finds. They are set to notify me when there's a new log. Google Mail helpfully forwards all of the email from this certain bookmark list to another address. Every so often (3-5 times a week) I log on to that and read all the logs. It's not too much as I've only got 71 finds so far, but I'm already having to exclude certain high-profile caches that are sometimes found several times in a day.

I think it's really interesting reading all of the logs, and it helps me to remember past caches (I've often said, that the day I forget finding a certain cache is the day I've found too many). I was wondering if anyone else did this, admittedly rather peculiar, tracking?

I used to watch quite a few caches. In addition to the ones truly worth watching now I just watch ones close to my home so I can see who happens to be passing through.

I only watch a few myself... and I already get enough email from them. Otherwise, I can just read about old caches I've found off of my profile page. I like to put my DNFs on my watchlist so if someone else finds it I can try again, or I will know if it gets archived, etc. I also like to put events I'm going to attend on my watchlist because then I know who is going, or if they change anything.

I also watchlist really memorable finds, or really cool caches I want to find.

But keeping a bookmark list of all my finds... eesh. Sounds like a lot of extra unnecessary work. I don't even have that many finds.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Not all of them, but I do watch a few: my first (you never forget your first find), some of the more interesting ones I've found, and of course my own.

I've never thought of watching DNF's, but I've only gone back to one once. I re-read the logs before I did, though.

It must be a newbie thing !! I am doing the exact same thing. I have bookmark list of the ones i have found and also a list of ones I am still trying to find. We are very new - just got our 9th cache today.

I even marked to receive email on caches within 10 miles of me. That was a lot of email !! I quickly changed that to 3 miles and probably will drop that feature soon but I like the bookmarks.

2lablovers

I used to do that. I wanted to make sure that I rehid it well enough to not get muggled, but so the next person could find it ok. I also was curious to see what others thought about the hide compared to my experience. After I found 200 caches the site said I had to be a premium member to watch any more, so I did. After I hit around 400 caches I stopped doing it, and just only included the interesting caches. I think I have only about 50 on my watchlist now.

Like many other cachers in this thread, I use the watchlist. I don't watch every cache that I've ever found, because I knew the volume of e-mails would grow significantly as I continued to add caches. I only have a few caches on my watchlist. One of those was a cache that's on an island (near my house) that had gone 'ignored' for nearly 2 years. It was a multi. Stage one was probably tied to a bouy that is now below the surface of the water. By sons and I assumed the cache would probably be on the nearby island (why else would stage one be out on the water?). As soon as my boys and I found the cache (an ammo can), without the aid of the stage one coordinates, other cachers were hopeful that they could find it also. Ever since, there have been several expeditions to the island. It was fun to see that we helped get that cache kickstarted. The travel bug that we picked up from there was happy too. :)

Speaking of travel bugs... that's what I put on my watchlist. I watch EVERY travel bug that we touch. It's fun to see where they end up after they leave our hands. Some of them are now in other countries.