TB Start Point

akSCOOBY

Ok technically I can but just wondering what others oppinions were.

I am getting married shortly and have a TB I want to take on honeymoon with me to see if it can get back to Scotland.

I am thinking it would be nice to either place it in the GC near the church I am getting married at or in the GC that is closest to my house as a starting point but then take it myself to SanDiego and set it free. Possibly I should just start in SanDeigo but that is 5000 miles that is will be traveling and a log to record its start point. (not to mention my last TB only managed about 200 mils and then went AWOL)

I am getting married shortly and have a TB I want to take on honeymoon with me to see if it can get back to Scotland.

I am thinking it would be nice to either place it in the GC near the church I am getting married at or in the GC that is closest to my house as a starting point but then take it myself to SanDiego and set it free. Possibly I should just start in SanDeigo but that is 5000 miles that is will be traveling and a log to record its start point. (not to mention my last TB only managed about 200 mils and then went AWOL)

Am guessing it is your TB. If so, you may well do just about anything with it that you want.

Yes you can dip it into a cache near the church or your home -- but that would then be it's "launch" point. Taking it to SD would certainly rack up a lot of miles in one jump. :) Then have it work its' way back to this specific cache near the church or your home.

OR -- you could launch it where you honeymoon (if you aren't too busy), and have it work its' way back to a specific cache near the church or your home.

Either way works fine.

Whatever the case, do make sure there is a 'mission tag' affixed to it to aide its' travels back home. It helps a cacher not have to log on to see the mission, as they may be going the wrong way themselves. B)

EDIT: I see that you have one set to go -- not named as of yet, nor a mission set for it.

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

I always recommend taking your bug out caching locally before taking it on a long trip. Church or home? I would say church.

Your TB's are your game -- play it however you want! When I was bringing TB's to England, I used to dip them in the States first. And vice versa.

Why not dip it a few times? Kind of like a personal TB that's all about your wedding.

But be prepared for heartache when it goes missing. Most bugs don't survive all that long in the wild.

Cool, thanks guys.

Indeed I have it registered but not set up anything yet. Hadnt thought about the mission statement, will need to think of a robust way of managing that.

As for heartache, indeed - my last TB only made it down south before it went AWOL.. Can but try :)